“The worst experience ever!”

Days Inn Clanton AL
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Clanton
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The only positive experience at this motel was the desk clerk who was very helpful and directed us to an out-of-the way local restaurant that was great. Our good luck did not hold much after that. Cleanliness was a real issue; the grill work around the a/c was disgusting - lots of caked on dust and dirt and the refrigerator barely cooled the items we put in it. The swimming pool was out of commission and the complimentary breakfast was meager......and to top it off, we had to shut off the a/c during the night (in a heat wave of high 90's at midnight this was a decision not taken lightly) because my husband woke up coughing due to the foul odour that came from the a/c unit. He very nearly ended up sleeping in the car for the rest of the night!!!!!! This location should be completely overhauled or torn down - it is tired, faded, and cleanliness is not adhered to. It has made me very leery about staying in another Day's Inn!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marlie10

Reviewed October 23, 2009

My wife, daughter and I spent a night at this hotel on October 9th, 2009.

I booked the room 4 weeks ahead through Days.com. It was our stopover between Kentucky and Mobile, AL.

Reception:

The reception area was clean and well organized. The person at the reception (Ms. Bonnie Owens) was friendly and welcoming. She explained the different areas of the hotel, pool, room, parking, breakfast time and location of the hotel.

Room:
The room was clean and spacious. It had a fridge and a microwave. My wife used fridge to keep her chocolate from melting from the heat of the south.

Location
The hotel is visible from I-65 and the hotel sign could be seen clearly from the interstate.

Price:

The price was very reasonable as we always use Days inn. You can get decent room around $ 50.00.

Breakfast:

The breakfast area was clean. There was a good variety of items and a person was always there to refill any needed items.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2009

We were well into 12 hours on the road heading toward Florida for our daughter's wedding and getting tired. At a rest area we picked up a travel brochure and found a coupon for Days Inn Clanton, AL. Since we could save a few bucks with the coupon I talked my husband into staying here....the old saying "you get what you pay for" certainly applies. The property looked run down on the outside but the grounds were relatively tidy. The desk clerk was rude when we checked in but I overlooked it. When we opened the door to our room this horrible smell greated us. Walking into the room it appeared it hadn't been thoroughly clean in ages. In sitting on the small couch something bit my husband on the leg. The carpet was so dirty it was sticky and hadn't been swept, even found some debris around the base of the bed...who knows what that was. There was sticky rings all over the little coffee table. There was mold and some unknown substance in the bathroom. The TV wasn't really working all that well, you couldn't see the picture for the interference. The last straw was when we pulled the covers back and found dirty sheets and and an assortment of discusting stains. I told my husband there was no way I was staying in that room. We immediately went to the front office and demanded our money back. The clerk tried to make amends by telling us they would send someone to clean the room, we told him there was no chance of that because we weren't staying. We got our money back and went to a neighboring motel that was clean and well kept. A word to the wise...be very careful of those rest area motel brochures with discounts, see the room before registering.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CampCook08
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We had been to the beach and still were 7 hours from home and tired so we thought we'd stop and stay the night somewhere. We had a Alabama travel brochure and saw a coupon for this that was right off the interstate and within our budget. OMG...this place was disgusting. If you look at the Days Inn website of the property pics, ummm no. I actually took pics myself to show people that I wasn't exaggerating of how nasty this place was. The shower drain was corroded with gunk (I'm not sure what). There was SMASHED bugs also in the shower. The air conditioning unit had dead bugs all over it. But the straw that broke the camel's back. We found "something" underneath the cover at the edge of the bed. Yep. Have pics to prove it. We went to the front desk to get our money back. After the manager looked at our room, she gave us our money back (said she couldn't believe it that our room was that nasty, that the maids most of missed it.) But another couple in a different room was demanding their money back as we left also! Oh and a couple of more things...staff was very unprofessional, there was a little boy running around the lobby and he called the manager "mom." The pool was just as disgusting as the room. Stay away for your health. Seriously.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank acaribbeandreamer
Reviewed May 20, 2008

It was not bad..pretty clean but had a funny smell...i was tired and it was right off of the interstate....would not spend an entire vacation there but it was ok for one night

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family