“Great room”

Days Inn Childersburg
Days Inn Childersburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Childersburg
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I wanted to write this review and tell everyone about the Days Inn hotel in Childersburg. We were driving back from Tuscaloosa after Uni. of Alabama victory over Georgia So. and both my girlfriend and I were exhausted. To arrive at a hotel with friendly staff and a clean room really means a lot and Days Inn didn't let us down. The room was newly painted and all the bathroom fixtures were immaculate. TV, air conditioner, hair-drier, and shower all worked perfectly. We had a great nights sleep! Thanks Days Inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Ww made our reservations through Hotels.com and asked for a non-smoking room. Wehen we arrived the hotel had been told a smoking room and since it was race week of course they were booked up. One member of our party is allergic to smoke and wasn't happy but knew she had to suck it up. As we wre unloading our gear the manager ran up to our room to inform us that another guset had agreed to give up his non-smoking room for us. We were and are very appreciative. We had a great weekend and will return again next year. But I will know to book directly with the hotel next time.

Also the cleaning staff is friendly and keeps the rooms very clean.

Room Tip: Call directly and ask for non-smoking if you need it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed here for four nights. The room was clean, nicely furnished, and easily accessible. Everything worked! The cleaning staff kept it cleaned and well stocked. The manager relocated his car to make his space available for our bikes where they could be watched by the night clerk, plus he and all of his staff were friendlier that I am accustomed to seeing.

I will stay here next year if I attend the Barber VMD festival.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This stay was one of the best, even though it was only for one night. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. The manager was on site the whole time we were there. He showed great hospitality and compassion; he even let me stay a couple hours after check-out :) The room was clean and organized; the pool area was also. This Days Inn is convenient to many smaller towns nearby. It was very quiet and calm. Two thumbs up for this hotel! We will definitely come back if we are ever in this part of Alabama again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We have stayed here more than once. We have family in Childersburg and stay here when we go for a visit. Yes, it is a Days Inn but it is clean and beds are comfortable. The owner has been on the premises during our stays and he and the rest of the staff are very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I was in town for a job interview. The staff very friendly and allowed me to stay in my room after check out to prepare for the interview. I'll definitely stay there again. It was also very quiet and the rooms were clean. It was an excellent bargain also. You can't beat the type of service for the money.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2009

The room was depressing. The beds were hard. I never got a hot shower in the 5 nights I stayed there. The orange juice was watered down. I could only get one creamer per room regardless of the number of people in the room and the first night, the creamer powder was more like a seltzer tablet than powder. This was my first and last stay at a Days Inn. Especially this one in Childersburg, Alabama. We went as a group, family and friends, to attend the Talladega Speedway races. They gouged us $150 a night. According to the management there, their normal rate is $85 a night. I wouldn't pay $25 a night to ever stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Childersburg
Key West Inn Childersburg
7 mi away
Red Roof Inn Sylacauga
Red Roof Inn Sylacauga
#2 of 3 in Sylacauga

Been to Days Inn Childersburg? Share your experiences!