“The place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Childersburg
Brooksville, Maine
“The place to stay”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed here for four nights. The room was clean, nicely furnished, and easily accessible. Everything worked! The cleaning staff kept it cleaned and well stocked. The manager relocated his car to make his space available for our bikes where they could be watched by the night clerk, plus he and all of his staff were friendlier that I am accustomed to seeing.

I will stay here next year if I attend the Barber VMD festival.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This stay was one of the best, even though it was only for one night. The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly. The manager was on site the whole time we were there. He showed great hospitality and compassion; he even let me stay a couple hours after check-out :) The room was clean and organized; the pool area was also. This Days Inn is convenient to many smaller towns nearby. It was very quiet and calm. Two thumbs up for this hotel! We will definitely come back if we are ever in this part of Alabama again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We have stayed here more than once. We have family in Childersburg and stay here when we go for a visit. Yes, it is a Days Inn but it is clean and beds are comfortable. The owner has been on the premises during our stays and he and the rest of the staff are very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I was in town for a job interview. The staff very friendly and allowed me to stay in my room after check out to prepare for the interview. I'll definitely stay there again. It was also very quiet and the rooms were clean. It was an excellent bargain also. You can't beat the type of service for the money.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ventura, CA
Reviewed November 3, 2009

The room was depressing. The beds were hard. I never got a hot shower in the 5 nights I stayed there. The orange juice was watered down. I could only get one creamer per room regardless of the number of people in the room and the first night, the creamer powder was more like a seltzer tablet than powder. This was my first and last stay at a Days Inn. Especially this one in Childersburg, Alabama. We went as a group, family and friends, to attend the Talladega Speedway races. They gouged us $150 a night. According to the management there, their normal rate is $85 a night. I wouldn't pay $25 a night to ever stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Childersburg
Key West Inn Childersburg
Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Pell City
Comfort Suites Pell City
#2 of 5 in Pell City

Been to Days Inn Childersburg? Share your experiences!