All reviews weiss lake rooms are clean beautiful lake bass bait shop great fishing dining table fishing trip small pool southern hospitality a great place to stay fisherman alabama microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Great location and vibe. Friendly people and warm hospitality. The rooms are clean with a homey vibe. Highly recommended! Terry is lovely and har son Ruby is so nice. We actually shared fb profiles to keep in touch.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Want a place where you feel at home, come here! Staff is phenomenal! My daughter enjoyed the stories in the binder. What a nice treat for an avid reader. The rooms are clean. Beds are comfy. Will be back when we are in the area highly recommend!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2018

This is a great place to stay if you like clean, comfy rooms in a family-, pet-friendly hotel. We didn't bring our dog along on this trip, but we are seriously considering it for next time. Terri is wonderful and makes you feel right at home. Our room had a mini fridge and a microwave. You can get a fresh cup of coffee at the front office, but they do not have coffee pots in the room. But that would be my only caveat. Next time we will bring a coffee pot from home so my husband can get his fix in early :). There is a small pool, but we didn't use it this trip. If you are there for the fishing (we weren't) they have freezers where you can store your catch. If you are the outdoorsy type there are a lot of things to do around Lake Weiss and the surrounding areas. We did the scenic drive for the Little Canyon River and it was gorgeous. We also love the 411 Drive-in theater. Really I can't say enough nice things about Terri and her Inn.

Room tip: We were in room 29 which has a nice view of the trees and a dog walking area.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

This is a hard review to write.

This is a small privately owned inn on Lake Weiss. The lake is known for its fishing and hosts bass and crappie tournaments.

My personal experience is that my husband and I are moving to the area. We rented a room for us and a helper in the move. We moved the weekend previous to our closing because the weekend is when friends are able to help. We rented for a few days. So, 30 minutes from closing our buyers breached the contract and did not show up. We had already moved our belongings into storage. We are left stranded.

The owner, Terri, has been pleasant, empathetic and helpful. She personally deserves 5 stars.

As to the room, it is a small basic 2 double bed room. It has a dining table for 4. There is a dresser, microwave, and countertop and cabinet in addition to bathroom sink and counter plus the bathroom.

The lighting makes it seem dark in my opinion. For me, I am a bit of a clean freak. I'm sorry I just am. When we went to bed I could smell a faint scent of bleach. That made me happy. Our tv was not fully functional and they replaced it quickly with a new flat screen. While we have been here the sprayed for bugs inside and out. They have been powerwashing the entire exterior of the hotel.

There is a picnic pavilion with tables, lights, and fans. There is a small pool. There is a lot of open green space.

If you travel with pets this place is amazing. Highly recommended.

Fishermen participating in tournaments are frequent visitors. There is a fish cleaning station at the marina. Bags of ice for ice chests for cents. And there is a freezer for guests to store their fishing catches.

It is a very short distance from restaurants.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2018

The family that owns and operates this lovely inn couldn't have been more gracious and pleasant. So relaxing, rooms were very clean and comfy (wanted to steal the bed)! Great location to all the places we wanted to go and there was even an outdoor drive in theater close by that was wonderful. Can't say enough about this wonderful place. Great hideaway with everything you need to relax. Turn your phone off and get close to nature!

Free WiFi but that wasn't what we were there for. Will definitely return!

Room tip: All rooms are quiet with wonderful A/C
Date of stay: June 2018