“Horrible”
Review of Days Inn Of Centre

Days Inn Of Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Centre
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This motel is what you expect from being the only motel in town backed by the name of a national chain. In other words, with the lack of competition, this is what is deemed as acceptable. This place totally sucked. I would have been better served with a tent and sleeping bag. Where to start - no cups/glasses in the room, a coffee maker with one package of decafe, no regular coffee, did I mention no cups to drink the coffee from. The room was out of toilet paper, without any back up roll. The sheets had a cigarette burn hole in them. The mattress was set on some sort of home made frame - made from plywood with metal strats sticking out from the sides of the mattress ready to impale one's ankles. The towels provided were consistent with the rest of the place - two thin swatches, one bath cloth and a single wash cloth were provided for a two bedroom room. One guest checking in before I got there was asking about a place to get a plate of pasta. The clerk told her where to get Mexican, and that there was a Burger King across the street. Like he had not listened to her question. Lastly, I made my reservation via the Internet. For some reason, I had to fill out a full guest registration card by hand - even though they had all my information via the web registration. This town just needs a couple of more motels that would either make this place raise it's game or put them out of business to save all future guests from sharing the same miserable night I had.

Room Tip: Stay away. Bring a tent and sleeping bag.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David R

Reviewed October 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed 3 days at the Days Inn - CENTRE, AL. We had a problem with our internet and Sheley went out of her way to help up. She grabbed a screw driver and fixed the problem herself. Even though the walls were thin {we could hear the couple in the next room talking} we really enjoyed out stay there. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The staff was helpful, but charge your credit card for the full stay when you check in. I ended up not staying as long as I had planned so had to get a day credited to my credit card, but this was no problem. The facilities is clean and new, the rooms nice, beds comfy, and there is a coin operated washer and dryer on site should you need it. The only draw backs were one noisy neighbor, not sure he was just a loud talker or thin walls, but I could hear his entire conversation with his friend until midnight 2 nights in a row. My only suggestion would be with the continental breakfast. Banana nut muffins, mini bagels, milk, and orange juice everyday gets old, a little variety or expanded offerings would be great.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sgtsbud
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I would recommend this Days Inn to anyone. The room was clean. The staff was awesome. We had a great time. We were only planning to stay one night but everything went so great that we decided to stay a 2nd night. We will be visiting again very soon.

Room Tip: pick one
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple