Bastimentos Caribbean Hotel(Isla Bastimentos)
$50
  • Restaurant
Free Spirit Oasis(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
$81
  • Breakfast included
Palmar Beach Lodge(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Restaurant
Hotel Caribbean View(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
$57
$55
$20
Hostal El Jaguar(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
$22
$21
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
El Jaguar(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
$20
$359
$305
  • Breakfast included
Eclypse de Mar(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
$242
$229
Azul Paradise(Isla Bastimentos)
$275
  • Beachfront
All reviewslocal villagemangrove snorkelingafternoon snackoctopusother guestspaddle boardingfisheco lodgeevery mealwonderful hostschocolate farmdolphin bayyoga retreatour honeymoonopen airthe great barrier reefcrystal clear waters
Reviewed February 8, 2016

I hesitate in writing this review because it's such a gem, that my selfish side doesn't want to share it. The owners and staff are so great however, that I want to see them succeed. We loved Casa Cayuco! From the personalized tours, the superb food, the comfortable cabins and incredible location - our entire family voted that this was the best vacation we've ever had. This after we've sailed much of the Caribbean, traveled extensively and everything was better than any of us could have ever imagined. We hope to come back.

Room Tip: Our cabin was right on the beach, but I would have been happy with any of the rooms/cabins.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank VanessaTormey
Reviewed February 5, 2016

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I was sitting on the dock, overlooking the clearest, most tranquil blue water at this lovely Eco-lodge. This was the ultimate location for a yoga retreat. The group had the entire resort to ourselves which really helped us bond. Dave and Suzanne went out of their way to make us all feel welcome and that this place -which was truly heaven on earth -was ours for the week. The cabins were well appointed and spacious, the beds were so comfortable and the food was beyond anything I ever expected on this retreat. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our every need was met. And practicing yoga under the palapa overlooking the water brought a special element to our practice. The excursions were first rate and the coral we saw during the snorkeling outing was truly otherworldly. I would highly recommend this spot for any retreat groups or family/friends if you truly want to relax and reset away from the hassle and bustle of the "real world." But don't worry, there is wifi ! I hope to return someday and share this magical place with others!

2  Thank Erin7Sc
Reviewed January 28, 2016

I don't know how to add to the review posted by one of the people in my group (see the review by sudipn) so I won't duplicate what she has said. But, I couldn't agree more with her glowing review. It was excellent to have the place to ourselves, and it made the group setting all the better. The meals were great. Don't arrive thinking that you'll be able to diet because you won't be able to resist all of the great deserts! My room (Delphin) was very comfortable and had a great view, It wasn't directly on the water, but that was fine with us. Dave and Suzanne's hospitality was outstanding. I can't thank Suzanne and Dave enough for their generosity and graciousness. They are really special people who are doing great things for the people on their island. The location for yoga in the morning and afternoon (the dock area) was breathtaking. It is truly and eco resort, but don't let that scare you off. Everything is well appointed and comfortable even though sustainable and off the grid (except there is internet thank goodness!). I can't describe what a wonderful time we all had, and the staff and owners were a big part of making the trip as special as it was. (Thanks Jose!)

1  Thank Marymo2
Reviewed January 26, 2016

I just returned from a weeklong group yoga retreat at Casa Cayuco. My problem is deciding where to begin this review…. I’ll start with our arrival….After a few days of major travel disruptions in Panama City that included lost luggage, flight cancellations, delays and rerouting…I was in need of some serious bliss. Dave Smith, the owner of Casa Cayuco, and his right hand man, Jose, were at the airport waiting for us with a smile and a hand. I don’t think I touched my 500 lb backpack from start to finish at Casa Cayuco. Dave took our group over to the dock and we had a short boat ride to Isla Bastimentos. After we all checked in to our rooms, Dave and Suzanne (the owners) met us in the beautiful open air dining area with a champagne toast! Incredible. We were a group form all over the United States that did not know each other so the family style dining was perfect. Each meal was created with love and we took our time drinking wine, chatting, and enjoying the incredible food. How they produced these crazy good meals out of their little kitchen, I don’t know but they did!
Dave and Suzanne and their little beauty Mina, welcomed us like family. They were engaging, generous and patient beyond belief. Our group practiced yoga twice a day on the deck overlooking the beautiful ocean. We had the pleasure of going on a few excursions that included visiting an organic chocolate farm; snorkeling in the mangroves, zip lining and more.
The room I had was in the Coco Casita. It was large and light with beautiful hardwood floors and a tiled open air shower. I slept listening to the waves with the gentle breeze coming through the windows. If this all sounds cliché, it’s because it was just about perfect!!! Casa Cayuco is a tropical paradise.
And it is much more than that…Dave and Suzanne Smith take the idea of being an eco lodge very seriously. They are not only concerned with the environment but also with the local people. One of the most beautiful things about Casa Cayuco is their dedication to the local community. They donate part of their profits to build schools and better the community. Jose and many of his family members work at Casa Cayuco and are very informed about the local flora and fauna and incredibly friendly as well.
Casa Cayuco is the real deal. Not only will you physically feel better when you leave, your heart will be full knowing that you supported this amazing family and the community that they call home. I cannot recommend this place enough!!

3  Thank sudipn
Reviewed January 16, 2016

Our family enjoyed winter break and ringing in the new year at Casa Cayuco in Isla Bastimentos, Panama. The owners of the eco-lodge, Dave and Suzanne, were wonderful hosts who were attentive to each guest's interest and were incredibly personable and service oriented. We loved all of the day-trips and excursions, Suzanne's excellent cuisine, and the friendly guides.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family