“Oasis”

The Firefly Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Firefly serves Thai/Caribbean food in an open air, outdoor setting directly on the Caribbean Ocean. We source locally and organically whenever possible and believe in using ingredients readily available to make up our menu. Because of this philosophy, our menu items may change daily. Contact us for special Occasion or private dining! We can create an amazing atmosphere! Contact at least 24 hours in advance if you wish to do a tasting menu, starting at 5 courses. Full bar, Cash only and reservations required. CLOSED TUES/WED
Boston, Massachusetts
“Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We happened to stumble upon this gem of a place wandering around the island and then came back the next day and the next! The couple that runs it are truly great souls and the food is the best I had in all of Panama. They are open a limited number of days but while you are here you can expect food and cocktails that rival Boston, SF or New York. They use local ingredients and serve whatever suits the supply but what they make is delicious. I had a watermelon cocktail that was literally the best drink I had in months and I live in a major metro area. We went back for food and we were not disappointed as it was amazing. Also the ambiance and feel of the place is calming and gorgeous. It sits with it's own deck overlooking the ocean and you can watch the sun set as you enjoy your food and beverage and listen to the waves crashing in. They also have a B&B attached and if given the opportunity I would definitely try staying here. It's pricier then any other place on the island but is completely worth it. Treat yourself and find this place while you're on Bastimentos!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank etalmich

London
“Deserves its number 1 status!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We ate here 2 nights in a row and would have eaten here again except they were closed. The food is outstanding and this would have to be one of my favourite restaurants around the world based on the beach setting, quality of food, amazing cocktails and friendly service! Next time I return we will also try and stay at the hotel attached to the restaurant. Go early enjoy a drink and watch the sunset. Reservations a must!

• Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Phenomenal Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you are anywhere near Bastimentos, you MUST eat at The Firefly. You'll need to make reservations, as they have a limited supply of food. They use all local ingredients in uniquely scrumptious ways. You will be truly delighted, especially if you are a foodie. The quality is on par with any major metropolitan city restaurant. I read that it was good, but didn't it expect it to be that good, as the location is so off the beaten path. Lauren knows her way around the kitchen.

Visited April 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Another satisfied customer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had been reading about The Firefly for a while before finally making a trip to Isla Bastimentos. We were not disappointed! The service was awesome, very professional. The atmosphere is very comfortable and inviting. I liked how the owner explained the process, went through every item on the menu with us, etc. The cocktails were delicious, with some unique options. The food is served in small-ish portions, tapas style, so each dish arrives as it is ready. This was a perfect way for my friend and I to enjoy several flavors and dishes from the menu at a comfortable pace. We ordered three dishes between us, and we were very satisfied. Granted, neither of us are big eaters. Everything was so fresh and tasty and expertly prepared. It is the most expensive dining option on the island (and general Panamanian prices), but it's not expensive compared to U.S. or European prices. Definitely worth the splurge! Thank you!

Visited January 2014
Hoboken, NJ
“Off the beat path and worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

My foodie husband found this little gem of a restaurant in old town. It's very clean and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the fried green tomato sandwich and fries.

• Visited April 2014