Al Natural Resort
Hotel Caribbean View(Isla Bastimentos)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Restaurant
$70
$93
Hotels.com
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$39
$38
Hotels.com
$102
$92
$99
$57
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdive clubfishother guestsindian villageopen airunobstructed viewbelgian chefsnorkeling right off the beachdive masterhot waterrobinson crusoescuba divingbig tablenurse sharkscool offlong tableboat ride
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Remote but modern in a native setting. Our two-story thatched-roof dwelling had its own path to the beach, as if it were our private beach. My cousin had the lower level and I, the higher, with a 360 degree view of the jungle and the Caribbean. The water was warm and felt like silk. Martin, Nicole and Vincent attended to our every need, literally. The meals and service were 5-star. The wine selection was good and I was never in want. We bonded with all the other guests, so it was like one big happy, very happy, family. The excursions were great. Even without them I would luxuriate in the jungle setting, just relaxing in paradise. Relax and go with the flow. Would love to return for a longer visit. We never used the swimming pool, so I have no comment on that. The ocean was what I went for. (Pictures will be on my website: billshoot.smugmug.com.)

Room Tip: Don't worry about the cost and choose the best. We liked ours the best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Al Natural on Isla Bastimentos for a week over christmas 2012 for our belated honeymoon. It's an incredible place to stay - beautiful location with stunning views from each of the individual cabanas just a few feet from the ocean. The traditionally built cabanas are beautifully done and provide privacy whilst still allowing you to feel like you are within touching distance of the ocean and rainforest. You can lie in your bed and look out at the ocean and at dawn and dusk watch the pelican display as they dive into the ocean just out from your cabana. The belgian owners, Michel and Michelle, are very friendly and they were staying at the resort for some of the time we were there and sat at the big dinner table with us for all meals. The food is outstanding, cooked by the charismatic belgian chef, Vincen - lots of fresh seafood cooked beautifully each night as well as great breakfasts and lunches served. Martin and Nicole are fantastic hosts and look after you well, as well as being very friendly and sociable. There are also regular visitors every night at dusk - western night monkeys - which come to the resort each evening and you can feed them bananas by hand.
There are trips you can go on to explore local beaches and also a local village where the Ngobe tribe live and you can visit them and learn about their culture. Otherwise you can simply swing in a hammock with a good book and when its hot go for a swim to cool off. There are also lots of kayaks and snorkelling gear provided by the hotel which you can use - there are great snorkelling spots not far from the resort to swim out to.
Bocas is interesting and would be fun to stay in for a few days but if you want some relaxation and chill out time then don't hesitate to book into al natural - we will definitely head back there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susie T
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Al Natural on our honeymoon. It was the best experience we've ever had in terms of the beauty of the location, the hospitality of staff, and the experience of sharing meals and activities with a small group of other travelers. We met friends there I think we'll have for life. I can't wait to go back someday!

Room Tip: The first cabin to the left of the dock (natural house) has monkeys who live above it. They are adorable! Everyone else was jealous of our cabin.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Texascatira
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Al natural is a special kind of resort that creates a unique atmosphere. It is everything a getaway should be. Simple, laid back, fun, easy and full of adventure. It is not filled with fancy possessions and overly decorated rooms as most resorts are, instead it offers a simple and beautiful way to enjoy and respect the nature that you came to enjoy. The resort allows you to experience panama they way it should be experienced. Every hut is steps from the beach yet sheltered in the tropical trees bringing you soft waves to sleep to and singing birds to awake you. The open floor plan brings in the fresh breeze and makes you apart of your surroundings while still giving privacy. The huts themselves are just a work of art and to stay in them is an experience of its own.

Even though Al Natural is simple and rustic at heart they do not lack on amenities. They offer great day trips, snorkel gear, kayaks, canoes and more. Not to mention the excellent care and attention from the staff. Martin is a gracious, efficient host who is happy to meet all your needs. Nicole is always happy, friendly an helpful. The food exceeds expectations. Vincent cooks fresh, healthy, local food that is just simply delicious! I was always satisfied.
The owners were great hosts as well! They were at the resort the whole time and interacted with the guests building friendships and creating a "second home" like feeling. The staff as a whole was warm, welcoming and became part of the charm in the overall experience.

Be open to meeting new and interesting people as the dinning hall attracts many good ones! I highly recommend going for New Years as well. They know how to throw a great party from the music to the entertainment (fire dancers!).

I would encourage any who is looking for an authentic experience and true getaway to go to Al Natural! I hope you go and enjoy every moment as much as I had.

Bon voyage!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank SmileMiles2
Reviewed January 27, 2013

1st of all Thank you to Michel and Michelle for the Vacation of my life!!! The beautiful beachfront huts, The solidarity!!! The TIME OUT from my noisy life!!! Your friendly and Amazing staff...ESP Martin our Bartender!!! Your morning coffee with toast and all the different favors of natural jelly!!! (i still miss that - 1 year later).
I can not believe that every meal was made special for me (due to my delicate food sensitivities).....and it was always amazing!!!!
I will always remember our nightly feedings of the monkeys. My wife and I have been checking our schedule to see when our next visit will be. And I can not wait bring NOTHING with us....because you have everything there for us.

We will see you soon Al Natural Resort

Room Tip: I put excellent for swimming pool because their beachfront property is the best I put excellent for a fitness center because the Natural living at Al Natural Resort is Best Thing for your mind, body and soul!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends