“Great food”
Review of Mantis - CLOSED

Mantis
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: THE RESTAURANT & BAR ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED AND RENTED OUT TO ANOTHER PARTY.CABIN RENTALS ARE STILL AVAILABLE.WAITING FOR TRIPADVISOR TO REMOVE THE LISTING FROM THEIR SITE.THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The very friendly owner prepared a delicious, healthy, vegetarian lunch for us. The view from the place is great - you feel like you are in the middle of the jungle.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This tree house restaurant is incredible!!! The menu is amazing, from spring rolls to cocktails. Exquisite presentation, and the charming British owner Amy is right there on hand with tons of knowledge about nutritional healing. After the wild and somewhat booze-soaked Bocas del Toro experience, this place is like a peaceful retreat: perched on a hill overlooking the water, with cool breezes and lots of wildlife. I stayed in one of the little cabins for a couple days, met kind people (including cute chef James) and ate lots of vegan and raw desserts! Both the owner and the chef are so committed to quality-- even the hummus is made from soaked and sprouted garbanzo beans-- no cans. Fresh juices in the morning and cold beer at night... When I continued my journey, Amy sent me on my way with a delicious tonic and a real sense of peace. It was like a vacation from my vacation! Can't say enough good things about Mantis... thanks guys!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I wanted to eat Thai food while in Colon Island. I found good reviews and wanted to try. I went to their website and called the number they posted (contact Joaquin). A man picked up and I asked him several times in Spanish and English and couldn't understand me looks like. So he hung up. I called back and this time he gave the phone to a lady who spoke Spanish, but had no idea of what restaurant I was talking about.

mimimop, Owner at Mantis, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. As the owner of Mantis, I that you have had a disagreeable experience and would like to offer my apologies. We are going through a series of changes, and if you are still in Bocas in the next couple of weeks, I hope that you will come and try again! Regards, Amy

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

As one other reviewer mentioned, Ewen the chef, who made this place the most talked about restaurant in Panama, has left.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Nice dinner experience, great crispy salad (which is sometimes hard to find in Panama), friendly owner, sloths in the garden!