It had been a long time since I last stayed this close to a beach and in the woods, in a tent. The facility is tastefully designed and run; the attention to details carried all the way to the shower and toilet booths. The dorm tent that I was in had three bunk beds and two sets of large wooden lockers, and it was still ample room for everyone. (bring your own lock). Lighting in the dorm tent was so dim after dark that you pretty much have to join the others at the lounge/bar which is in the open wooden structure that is also the reception area and restaurant - which I thought was on purpose - to get people to mingle; I enjoyed it. Foods are good and not expensive; dinners are communal. The young couple that runs the facility were attentive and helpful and has a great story to share (of how they got involved and became part owners of the lodge...fascinating and inspirational).
It was a wonderful experience for me to have stayed here and I highly recommend it.
*While the facility has no wifi, it is available at the restaurant a five minute walk down the beach (which when I was there required no password and I was able to access even when the restaurant was closed).
* I finally was able to get info and join the tour of the Nivida Bat Cave from here; the tour was FASCINATING and highly recommended to those that love adventure and are not claustrophobic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmar Beach Lodge has eco-friendly, affordable beachfront accommodations that are one of a kind in Bocas del Toro. Spend your days on the beach and your nights falling asleep to the sounds of the jungle and ocean. Accommodations range from fully equipped bungalows to safari style tents and a cabin dorm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelWorld and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Palmar Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmar Beach Lodge Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro