All reviews nice stay luis ac water bocas
Reviewed January 29, 2016 via mobile

Had a fantastic time here!! We wanted a place away from super crazy party of Bocas, with AC, private, clean rooms. We got that and a family run place full of love and smiles and dancing. Even in the midst of some renovations, this place is a cute gem. And next time, I WILL make it on a full day tour from Luis!!

Date of stay: January 2016
4  Thank ogrenbell
Reviewed January 9, 2016

My husband & I manage 2 US upscale hotels & needed to immerse our selves in "island time" and decompress. Louis, his family & staff, their Hotel Caribbean View and the local population on this Isla Bastimentos was just what we needed! It is very rustic but warm, clean and relaxing. The water around the hotel is murky and not really a place to go to walk out and tan. BUT simply arrange with Louis,Jr to take you to Red Frog Beach. He took us through a mangrove where we saw a sloth in a tree, dolphin playing, coral reefs and then to a fabulous restaurant only approachable by boat. He is a delight to spend the day with. Also, Louis's wife is the BEST chef we have had outside the US. I read where folks complained of how long it takes to get your food. Go to McDonalds! She is visible in the kitchen carefully preparing fresh ingredients, sauces and mouthwatering dishes. All the while you can sit overlooking the Caribean bay towards Bocas del Toro and sip wine. Breakfast is superb, too. I have yet to find an egg as fresh since our return home. If you want t-shirt shops and souvineers this island is not for you. It is a working village on the tip of a stunning island. No cars- "Main Street" is a broad sidewalk where children play and adults promenade down in the evenings. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony and watching the island come to life in the mornings as boats took the children to schools, surfers to their breaks, and tourists back to catch their planes. We hope to return again (and again)!

Room tip: Get a second floor room with a balcony
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beverly M
Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here as part of a tour and found the rooms clean enough and thankfully air-conditioned but service very lacking.
By family run,I assume they are referring to the clusters of small children running and screaming around the premise.
Our group ordered food and waited an hour sandwiches and fries.
Not an island I'd have chosen to spend more than a few hours on if I has the choice.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed December 29, 2015

Stayed here 3 nights as part of tour. Hotel is clean & basic. Nothing much to do on Bastimentos unless you are into surfing. However, the lobster served here is great. Had it 2 nights in a row for dinner and due to the fish i wanted not being available the 3rd night, had the lobster again.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank jlee_melbourne
Reviewed December 15, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights with a tour group, it was a nice stay. Luis and his family are very charming and make you feel welcome. The food is good at the restaurant. Upstairs rooms have a good Caribbean view as the hotel suggests! also has complimentary hammocks. bastimentos island as a whole probably isn't worth a visit so location isn't ideal. the hotel runs boats to the main island for $3 each way which can add up for large groups. Luis' snorkel trip was also good.

Date of stay: December 2015