“An absolute gem!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Caribbean View
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I am on my way back to see Eunice and her wonderful family and this review is over due.
I loved it! And I loved the family of this spotless, on the water gem. The rooms will make any woman exhale the minute you walk in. Romantic little balconies with tables for two draw you to sitting and relaxing and watching as local life does what it does on the water just below you. Share a coffee or an iced cold drink with your neighbor next door right through the cutsey little connecting trellis. Then go back inside to nap, your choice of fan, ac or an open door to the sea. Fluffy towels, awesome mattresses and the sweetest room decor you have ever seen. TV, full length mirror out fitted bath...really. And on top of this great food, all wrapped up in warmth and friendliness from a family and a place you will want to return to soon. Go for it. Pure Vida!

Room Tip: They are all good. Bonus!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Pembabec

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Luis is a true gent and was more than happy to help us out. Luis Junior took us on a couple of excellent trips in his boat to see dolphins, star fish and other wonders in the area. The island has no cars and don't expect a crazy wild time, this is a place to kick back and relax with a beer. I would def go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank mancduck
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I had such an amazing experience at the Caribbean View Hotel in Bastimentos! I was greeted with such warm smiles and genuine hospitality. The rooms were perfectly clean and just the right size. My favorite thing to do was to sit out on the patio with the breeze on my face while I took in the beauty of the Islands...... I got to know many other travelers and watched them dance to the sweet sounds of Island music, most planning to stay for only a few days.... ended staying at least three days longer. I came back home without a tense muscle in my body!

This Hotel is family owned as I got to know the family all by name, they truly made my experience one to remember. Each with a smile on their faces ready to help with any thing you might need....... They are all such warm and delightful people, when I left I felt like family! I have stayed other places on the Islands and the food just does not compare to that of the Caribbean view. I could not get enough of the french toast with fresh papayas, bananas and seasonal fruit. And for dinner the fish, any fish they serve was delicious!

I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone passing through.... One last thing Luis Jr takes you out for day trips, my favorite by far was the Dolphin Bay adventure. I was able to see at least 50 dolphins. Next we went and discovered the coral reefs and on to the beautiful Red Frog Beach. He always has a smile on his face and does not rush your experience.

One more thing I would like to add in, I don't have any children but I have worked with kids for the past eight years. If you have children they are more than welcome here and will not get bored! It truly is a great place for the entire family or a single couple. I cant say enough good things about it!

Room Tip: They have eleven rooms, # 4 is the least expensive about 25$ if you are traveling light. the other r...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mbunbetravelin
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is a family run hotel with a nice location right on the water in Bastimentos. You can even take a water taxi to and from a platform right off the dining area. Our comfortable room was on the top floor and there were several comfortable covered patios available including one off of our room, with a tranquil view out on the water. The kitchen is very clean and the simple breakfasts were nicely prepared. The kitchen staff is very personable and available all day to cook for you.

On the downside, our second night there was an unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom drain, although, water issues may be a reality of island life. The WiFi signal was very weak and I had to sit on the steps near the office in order to get a connection.

The owner, Lewis, is friendly and helpful. I would suggest that you visit the Up on the Hill shop and the Roots restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank reb18
Reviewed February 5, 2011

We stayed for three nights in this hotel with my bf in January 2011. The hotel was well located and the rooms were clean and included own balcony which was a great spot to look at the sunsets. The staff was very friendly and the food in hotel was good as well. The only problem we faced was a boat tour we booked through the hotel. The boat driver was 1,5hrs late from the time we had agreed on and he still wasn't ready to reduce the price though the tour got shorter. So I do not recommend to use the hotels boat driver services but the hotel itself is a good deal though.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AV2011
Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed here on New Year's Eve. We had booked this place on Bastimentos because everywhere was full in Bocas, but we were glad we stayed. For the price, this is a great place. Owners and staff were very friendly and helpful, beds were comfortable and the restaurant attached over the water was good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristengirl99
Reviewed December 23, 2010

This hotel over the water is probably the only mid-range ($30-60) option on Bastimentos and definitely the only in Old Bank town. The owner and his wife are extremely helpful. Rooms are small, clean and the balcony is a great place to spend some time. This hotel also has probably the only internet terminal and wi-fi in town. Easy to walk through town for access to a few restaurants, mini-markets, and trails across the island which lead to Wizard Beach, the coffee shop, and the Thai restaurant. The hotel is safe and secure. Though the island is mostly safe, recognize that Old Bank is a poor town, which gives it some of its character, but some travelers have been robbed (none while I was there). Leave valuables in the room. To get here, simply show up in Bocas town, and ask one of the water taxi drivers for Caribbean View. We spent three nights here and would do it again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 13 in Bocas Town
Bocas Ridge Hotel
Bocas Ridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Almirante

Been to Hotel Caribbean View? Share your experiences!