Although there is still much more to come from Bocas Bound and Red Frog Beach (they are still continuing to develop the island) I had an awesome time. The weather wasn't the most cooperative when I was there but I still managed to have an awesome time, get out in the mangroves on the kayaks, do some wakesurfing, some real surfing, some hiking, plenty of eating/drinking and lots of hammock lounging. Its an easy boat ride from the main island and the insane partying (Definitely check out aqua lounge on Wednesdays) Its nice to come bake to Bastimentos for your chill island getaway in the jungle. My best memory was kayaking through the mangroves to a remote local restaurant. There were some local kids and we were the only gringos. The food was spectacular and the fish so fresh.
My only regret being that the zip-lines were not open when I was there in December but I believe that as of now they should be up and running. The staff and owners are awesome and really welcoming, ask for Justin (people call him The Dooog) to set you up with some sick adventures, also went and partied with him and some other staff in town. Overall definitely worth checking out, tell them what you want to do and they will set it up. I can't wait to go back! Oh yea and its really cheap to stay. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a living rainforest, on a Caribbean island, Bocas Bound is the place to stay and visit in Bocas del Toro. Bocas Bound provides immediate access to surfing, rain forest hikes, kayaking, and beautiful beaches. Bocas Bound is an exotic destination in Bocas del Toro that attracts back-packers, surfers, and cost-conscious families looking for a place that is extraordinarily different from a typical Bocas hotel. Trails from your doorstep lead you through dense jungle to breathtaking beaches and hidden coves. The nightly chorus of nature will cause you to truly appreciate Isla Bastimentos.* 8 min walk to Red Frog Beach * Beach Activity Center* Hiking Trails and Canopy Zipline* 15 minute water taxi to Bocas Town* Air-conditioned rooms* Full Restaurant Bar and Lounge * Community kitchen * Free Breakfast & Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Bocas Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bocas Bound Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Bocas Island Lodge Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro