I had a great time here. The villas were as nice as everyone says they are. I stayed in a villa at the top of the island and saw two monkeys right out my balcony and watched them play for an hour. The zipline was incredible and the guides were fun and very professional. I did a catamaran tour and it was spectacular; great snorkeling and the captain knew all about the island history and other things to do. I wanted to do the spa but it was booked everyday.
The beaches were great and I went to a different beach everyday. Also, if you drive around the island you find these amazing lookout points that are stunning. I am a single female and I felt safe traveling here (although I think a cab driver in Panama City charged me a little too much from the hotel to Albrook airport).
I would recommend this place if you want a nice place to stay with great beaches and a lot of lush surroundings.
I thought I would see construction but I only noticed some bumpy roads that kind of made it fun to ride around on my golf cart. Food was fine. Villa host actually grew up on the island and they were great. It was fun, I will come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas, rooms and Jungle Lodges to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle. Awarded at Panama's most beautiful beach and resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro