Our experience with Red Frog Beach was terrible:
We hired a villa for US 350 a night and did not have hot water for three nights !!! We asked for a compensation but our request - both during and after our stay - was just ignored. They do not reply to e-mails at all. It seems that they just don't care about customer satisfaction.
Contact with the organization before our arrival was also very lousy. They did not reply to e-mails. Their telephone numbers in Panama do not work. It seems that everything is managed from the US.
When we took the boat to the island, it resulted that the boat fee had increased.
At arrival at the pier of the island, there was nobody to receive us. We asked boat men which referred us to a restaurant up hill, ten minutes walking. On our way there, while half an hour had already passed, we met the guy who was supposed to pick us up at the pier. We had expected quite a different reception ....
Although Management is disrespectful, the island itself is very beautiful and the beaches gorgeous. (Do not forget to take repellent as it is full of musquitos !!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle--this is the perfect place. Two restaurants, 4 beaches, Zipline, surfing, snorkeling, hiking, sailing and famous cave tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro