Red frog is effectively a private beach run by the resort with a 3 dollar entrance fee. The beach is lovely, with shade from the forest if you want, although dangerous for swimming due to rip tides. No life guard on duty though.
Main issue I had was the litter on and around the place. Local labour is cheap so how hard can it be to keep it clean?
Big beach, didn't feel crowded, there's a cafe at one end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Beach offers upscale villas to rent with private pools and so much adventure to enjoy on Isla Bastimentos. If you like nice beaches and exploring jungle--this is the perfect place. Two restaurants, 4 beaches, Zipline, surfing, snorkeling, hiking, sailing and famous cave tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Beach Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro