“The best vacation of my life!”
Review of Red Frog Bungalows

Red Frog Bungalows
Warwick, Rhode Island
“The best vacation of my life!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I had such an amazing stay at the Red Frog Bungalows. So amazing, that my husband just finished booking our next trip to Panama, and stay at the RFB. The crew is very accommodating and friendly, catering to your every need. The first day I was a bit nervous because I am terrified of bugs and snakes, but Justin and Scott assured me that I would be safe and they were right. My two sons had the time of their lives as well. From the minute we stepped off the boat they were on a high, pretending to be Tarzan the entire time. My oldest son is obsessed with bugs and reptiles so he was just in awe of all the different creatures he could find. Awesome food, views, and crew. I highly recommend to ALL of my friends to not only take a trip to Panama, but to stay at the Red Frog Bungalows. I can not WAIT to be back in our little piece of heaven! Great job Scott and Justin, this place is amazing!

Room Tip: Every room is exactly the same, perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
los angeles
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family had a wonderful time thanks to Scott, Mikey, Bobo, Choto and the rest of the staff at Red Frog Bungalows! Everything went very smoothly and our vacation went off without a hitch. We have to give a huge shout out to Bobo our cook! Best meals the entire trip and the kids wanted to bring him home to cook all our meals!! Spectacular cuisine! The kids are still talking about how much fun they had surfing with Scott and can't wait to come back for another visit. We also took a snorkel trip that was fun also. Best part of Red Frog Beach is just hanging around and enjoying the warm waters and soaking up the sun

The kids enjoyed the three story bungalows a great deal. Only suggestion would be to remember to bring along a few chemical lights to hang up at night near the stairways. They were very useful especially for our three young kids to find their way. The outdoor shower rocked and was a treat for everyone.

Again thanks so much for a wonderful vacation and we can't wait to come back for another visit!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our family just spent an awesome ten days at Red Frog Bungalows. Our daughter and son, ages 12 and 10 were in jungle heaven from the moment they stepped off the boat. The grounds of RFB are beautifully landscaped and the bungalows are so unique. Definitely tops the list of the kid's favorite accommodations ever. And I loved the beautiful outdoor shower experience in the jungle. We were also lucky enough to spot monkeys, sloths, and many beautiful birds. Scott and his crew do everything they can to make it a great experience and this includes the food! Bobo the chef,  makes the yummiest meals! We had a wonderful variety of food both local and western. And, as a vegetarian I never lacked for a second. Red Frog Bungalows is a great family destination because there is so much to do! SURF: between my husband who is an avid surfer, and my kids who are at varying levels of surfing, Scott  was able to accommodate everyone's surf wishes. The region is rich with multiple surf breaks both reef and sand bottom. Both kids and adults were stoked! Beyond surfing, there's great snorkeling, stand-up paddling, zip-lining and kayaking. Not to mention red frog beach, a beautiful beach with warm clear water, palapas for shade and hammocks for relaxing. Scott and his crew took us fishing- it was tons of fun, my son caught his first yellowfin tuna which he proceeded to eat almost entirely to himself that evening! Scott really shines as a host-- he is able to anticipate everyone's needs and wishes and fulfills them beyond expectation. His energy and enthusiasm are infectious and add a special quality to the adventure. I highly recommend Red Frog Bungalows - it's an epic place to take the family! You won't be disappointed!!

1 Thank Mary A
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I had a blast! Thanks to Scott, Mikey, choto, bobo, and the rest of the super nice staff at red frog bungalows! It was a perfect family trip, lots of fun for all. Great surfing, snorkeling, and fishing. Super cool staying in the rain forest steps away from beach. Saw some great wild life, sloths, monkeys, tropical birds, and of course, little red frogs. I was impressed with the surf, it was good!!!! Good variety of waves to keep myself and kids satisfied. Scott and staff do a great job getting you into the best waves. Loved spending a week with out driving in a car, just boats to and from all the fun adventures. Accomodations and food were great! I highly recommend it!!!!

1 Thank Lancho2013
Encinitas, California, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hands down, the best stay in Central America.
The second my boyfriend and I stepped foot on the property, we knew we were in for a great vacation. The entire staff was amazing, extremely accommodating and are the nicest of people. Scott, the owner, especially showed us an outstanding time. His knowledge of the area and all the surf spots is insane - he took us to a new spot everyday and he made sure we were at the right place at the right time, surfing the best waves. Bobo, the Chef provided great food and goes out of his way to make sure your satisfied and going to bed with a full stomach. Mikey, Scott's girlfriend was so sweet and always makes sure you have everything that you need. Chato and his cousin are awesome too, the last day we were there he took us around to multiple surf spots and made sure we got to where we wanted to go. Everyone who works there, goes out of their way to make sure you're happy at all times - there isn't much customer service like this out there anymore and Scott really has this place dialed in. If you want to zip-line, snorkel, stand up paddle board, fish and especially surf you should stay at Red Frog Bungalows - you definitely won't be disappointed.

I also have to say we were very lucky because we were able to meet some great people along the way - hands down the best trip ever. Definitely visiting again!

Thanks so much Scott - you couldn't have given us a better time! Really hope we get to see you again soon!

xo
Nat & Robear (i.e. Roberto)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie S
Boston
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Thank you to Scott and crew for Red Frog Bungalows. We got picked up at the airport after a dusty day in Panama City and delivered by boat to the dock at Red Frog Bungalows - of which there are only 2 + a "tent-a-low...(picture it...). The beauty of this place is that it is right on the amazing Red Frog beach which is ideal for body surfing! Scott runs the place and had an old friend and his family in the other bungalow. I was traveling with my 2 kids: 15 and 25. It was incredibly warm and easy - Scott is pretty laid back and his crew follows suit - available if you need them and hands off if you want privacy. The bungalows are clean and simple with lots of space - triple deckers. The buildings and layout of the place feel remote yet safe. It is incredibly peaceful - hammocks, books, the food is simple and delicious. Isla Bastimentos is virtually undeveloped and really beautiful with one amazing beach after the other - all with a unique twist...starfish, snorkeling, waves, sand fleas (watch out for these...my souvenir)...Thanks to Scott and Mikey and Tequila (naughty baby) and crew for making us feel at home and cared for...hope to see you again soon.

Carlsbad, California, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from a 3 week trip through central America, the highlight being Red Frog Bungalows. My wife and I spent four days (wish it was more) with Scott and crew and enjoyed every second of it. The islands of Bocas del Toro are beautiful, with a classic caribbean feel. Isla Bastimentos (where Red Frog is) has a wonderful, timeless feel with jungles, white sand beaches, and proximity to some great waves (without crowds.) The Bungalows are beautiful teak, two story units with an outdoor shower set up that I wish I had at home. Bobo, the chef, pulled off some incredible dishes. After traveling for many days, having real, quality food again was a god-send. And Scott, the owner, was awesome. He was engaging, energetic, and made sure all our needs were met. He got us (the surfers) out early every morning for a surf, and was accommodating towards the needs of every surfer on the boat. We caught some great waves at "ponch" and had some fun on the beach-breaks of Bastimentos. My wife spent days reading in the hammock on the front porch as it poured down rain and then on the sunny beaches when it cleared, she loved it all.

Thank you Scott, Maikey, Bobo, Chato and everyone else we met, you provided our ideal vacation set up.

Can't wait to go back in winter.

Room Tip: All rooms have the sounds of the jungle and are all kept cool with fans.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Palma Royale
Hotel Palma Royale
#3 of 13 in Bocas Town
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
#2 of 16 in Isla Bastimentos
Eclypse de Mar
Eclypse de Mar
#3 of 16 in Isla Bastimentos

Been to Red Frog Bungalows? Share your experiences!