A buddy and I decided to take a surf trip off the beaten path and Scott and Crew at Red Frog Bungalows gave us exactly that. If you are looking for empty waves, great weather, amazing food, good people and much more, you should plan a trip to see these guys. We spent our days surfing our butts off at the most uncrowned breaks, thanks to Gov Grings , T.O. and their local knowledge. Rather than having to haggle with a local taxi, Red Frogs has you covered with a pick up in the morning for transit to the location of the day. If the winds are hitting it, the team knows where you can hide to take advantage of the swell, in any condition. One day we had to check a few spots, and wind was up, crowds were prevalent, but eventually our guides put us in the best spot; nobody was in the water. After our daily surf, we were welcomed back at Red Frogs by a delicious lunch & cold beer and drink. A snooze in the hammock or down time on Red Frog Beach was the perfect post surf exercise. At night, Bobo prepared the finest of cuisine accented with his own local flavor. After dinner, relax and watch surf videos (Scott’s collection is fantastic), or hop a ride into town to catch some action. Either way, Red Frogs has it all to offer and it’s a must experience for the adventurous surfer or anyone looking to get away to a remote location. Scott and Team, Your favorite east coasters will be back. Thanks for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Bungalows in an all-inclusive eco-resort on the world famous Red Frog Beach. Located 15 minutes from Bocas Del Toro, Red Frog Beach is a mile long white sand beach. Red Frog Bungalows are Balinese bungalows rebuilt on this gorgeous beach. Our maximum capacity is 12 guests in 3 units. We are a small resort which allows us to tailor your entire stay. The amenities include private outdoor showers, exotic Balinese furnishings, private chef, beachfront palapa with hammocks and beach chairs, surf board rentals and private professional tours. We have our own guides and boats to make sure all of your tours are safe, informative, and enjoyable. We specialize in making sure you have the most enjoyable vacation of your lives. We offer 3 gourmet meals a day in the tranquility of the Panamanian rain forest, hiking, surfing, beach combing, fishing, Standup Paddle-boarding, and snorkeling. Basically anything that has to do with the ocean. Red Frog Bungalows would love to show you around this beautiful place in the world! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Red Frog Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Bungalows Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Bungalows Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro