It was 2 days of perfection. Scott and the gang did everything to make it an awesome stay. It started before we even got there. I live in Panama City and couldn't manage to book a flight with Air Panama. Scott went to the airport in Bocas, bought the tickets for us, and picked us up when we landed. A very short boat trip later, we landed on the island of Bastimentos. After a short jaunt through the beautiful wild, we arrived at Red Frog Bungalows. Scott and his guys built the place from the ground up and their attention to detail is overwhelmingly obvious. You are surrounded by a garden, bamboo, cinnamon trees, and are only a 2 minute walk from Red Frog Beach.
Scott showed us to our bungalow that was like our own little tree house. It had a patio and a terrace, an outdoor shower, etc. and the staff kept the place perfectly clean. After a tour of the bungalow, the grounds, and a quick look at the beach, the chef, Bobo, prepared what was the first of many perfect meals, with local flavor. After breakfast and a little time on the beach, we took a 30 minute boat ride to go snorkel and relax with a beer. This is just one of the options for excursions that they offer. Others include surfing, paddle boarding, trips to a bat cave if one is so inclined.
The weekend was particularly special for me and my now fiancé. I actually proposed at Red Frog Bungalow...that says everything you need to know about how great a place it is!
It is clear that Scott and the gang really enjoy their little paradise. They are all super chill and just make you feel like you are at home the entire time.
Scott....Amanda and I can't wait to come back soon. I want to hear how American Desperado ends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Frog Bungalows in an all-inclusive eco-resort on the world famous Red Frog Beach. Located 15 minutes from Bocas Del Toro, Red Frog Beach is a mile long white sand beach. Red Frog Bungalows are Balinese bungalows rebuilt on this gorgeous beach. Our maximum capacity is 12 guests in 3 units. We are a small resort which allows us to tailor your entire stay. The amenities include private outdoor showers, exotic Balinese furnishings, private chef, beachfront palapa with hammocks and beach chairs, surf board rentals and private professional tours. We have our own guides and boats to make sure all of your tours are safe, informative, and enjoyable. We specialize in making sure you have the most enjoyable vacation of your lives. We offer 3 gourmet meals a day in the tranquility of the Panamanian rain forest, hiking, surfing, beach combing, fishing, Standup Paddle-boarding, and snorkeling. Basically anything that has to do with the ocean. Red Frog Bungalows would love to show you around this beautiful place in the world! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Red Frog Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Frog Bungalows Hotel Isla Bastimentos
- Red Frog Bungalows Panama/Isla Bastimentos, Bocas Del Toro