“Best place on the Island”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Bastimentos
Beverly's Hill Guest House
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We picked Bastimentos for its reputation as the quietest island in Bocas del Toro and were looking for somewhere to chill out. Beverly's Hill was just the place we needed. The setting just up the hill is great and the cabins are what you hope for: clean, comfortable and hidden amongst the trees. The family we're really friendly and Naomi's tourist advice was well received. A fantastic place to hang out for a week. Thanks guys

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hostel was a treat in all respects! Lovely hosts simon, Sandra and charming Naomi! Great location really nice cabins and chill out area with a great view and lots of red frogs!! Thanks again beverly's hill from matt and Naomi

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a small collections of cabins on Isla Bastimientos, very close to where the boats from Bocas land. We stayed in the uppermost cabin. Accommodations are very simple: bed (comfortable), fans (2), moz net, balcony with hammock and a view, hot water shower. The couple and their daughter were all nice, and the property is beautiful with lovely gardening/tropical plants. This is actually the only place we saw the red frog, despite going to the beach of that name.
Our only real disappointment was that the owner wasn't really able to give us any advice about getting around the island. A lot of information seemed to suggest that it is reasonable to walk to Wizard Beach, which we didn't find to be the case at all considering the steep muddy hills. We ended up turning back after about a half hour of trudging through the mud and instead took a boat to Red Frog Beach which was fantastic.
Just as an aside, the internet is super slow (i assume it's that way all over the island), so much so that i found it unusable. (Not that you're going to the island to stay on your computer the whole time, but if you have things that need settling, do it before you leave the mainland.)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ginaandscott
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I had stayed at Beverly Hills before and had liked it so much that I returned for a week during the November Thank Giving break with a buddy.

Simon and family were their usual gracious self and Naomi (their 6 year daughter) was a darling.
This time beside s the usual beach trips we also put in some excellent fishing trips and discovered the waters in Bocas are teaming with fish and in a couple of hours we had caught Red Snapper, Mackerel and Barracuda (excellent to eat)

In the evening we would take our cigars and sit in the balcony till late – the room had a fantastic view of the bay.

Definitely going back as you cannot beat the location, the hosts and the price.

Room Tip: Get the room with the view of the bay, it is a bit of a climb but well worth the panoramic views.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We loved Beverlys Hill! The rooms were basic but very nice, especially for the price, and the views were amazing. Run by a very nice, laid back couple, and their 7 year old daughter (who will try to wrangle you into playing UNO...). Friendly, helpful service and tasty, inexpensive meals available too!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I recently stayed on Bastimentos Island for just under a week and I wish I could have stayed longer. It is a beautiful chilled Caribbean island with no roads or cars. I ended up staying at Beverlys Hill Guest House and really enjoyed my stay. It is a lovely location up on the hill overlooking the sea. I had a nice room in a cabin in the beautiful garden. The owner Simon and his family are super friendly and welcoming. Simon went out of his way to help me and make my stay more comfortable. I had a great stay on the Island and at Beverlys Hill. It was completely chilled out and the most relaxing time I've had for some time. As I said I just wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2011

If you want to disappear for a week or two, this is the place. Right in town but hidden from view amongst the trees. Walk to the bottom of the hill and several dining options are at your doorstep. If you want to go to another island the guys with the skiffs are right there too. This island is a basic place. No need for "Business casual" for dinner. Chances are you may be helping the owners take fish off the boat that just pulled up to the ubiquitous docks located adjacent to...well everyplace. Any way this is about Beverly's Hill. The owner Simon , his family and the couple of people who help around the place proved particularly inviting and pleasant. Don't come to this primitive (They do have electricity, wifi and showers however!) place and complain about it's remoteness and austerity. Breath it in and be thankful of it. Should I return to Isla Bastimentos I shall be staying at Beverly's Hill. Here's one I didn't expect: No mosquitoes!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends