“The Best Housing Experience I've Ever Had”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mario A
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama
“The Best Housing Experience I've Ever Had”
Reviewed May 7, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I can not even begin to state what a wonderful experience it was living here for 6 weeks. Living on Isla Colon for 3 months, I was able to see a ton of different accommodations that my friends were staying in. I also lived elsewhere for the first part of my stay on Isla Colon. Having seen places all over the island and on the other nearby islands as well, I can confidently say this is the best place to stay in all of Bocas del Toro. The price they rent it at is also very good for the accommodation they provide. The owners of the apartment didn't even know we would be moving in until the last second one night, when they were actually out of town, and when we showed up the apartment was spotlessly clean. They were extremely friendly and accommodating and were even nice enough to bring us fresh coconuts and took us on a trip out on the ocean. Everything in the apartment was brand new. They did a great job of cleaning every week as well. Downtown Isla Colon can be very noisy, but at night here all we could hear was the sound of waves and tree frogs. They had bikes we could use to go around the island as well, free of charge. The furniture in the house was great, the beds were extremely comfortable, and all the appliances worked great. The dishes, glasses, and cooking ware they provided was better than the stuff I had in my house back home. With this apartment you get complete privacy as well and don't have people walking by your doors and windows. The covered porch was perfect for when it was raining outside. When it rains there's not much to do in Bocas, so it was nice to be able to sit in the hammock outside and read while it rained outside. From the deck, or from the hammocks on the porch, we would watch the sunset at night. There is also generally a nice breeze which keeps the bugs away, I didn't have any problems with mosquitoes there and didn't get bit once while sitting out on the porch at night. I can not wait to go back here again in the future. Most importantly, Alcibiades and his family were all around wonderful people and I always looked forward to seeing them around. They spoke great English, but were also willing to let me practice my Spanish with them as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing