Monique has created an oasis that provides a wonderful experience of the area - the jungle, the beach, the birds, monkeys and other wildlife, while providing enough creature comforts to be at ease. I sat all one day watching birds and flowers and listening to the waves while others walked to swim on the beach. After you've worked up an appetite you can enjoy one of the seemingly endless interpretations of local cuisine including fish, meat or vegetarian offerings and dessert creations that were unique. Ice creams flavored with fruit from the surrounding grounds and cacao from Monique's farm reminded us of where we were and the history and cultures of Panama.
Visitors can choose a room in the main lodge - each individual and quaint with windows painted in cheerful natural motifs and showers that let in light through colored glass (each a Monique creation!), or a more private 'cabina' by the sea. The 'Dolphin', 'Turtle' and 'Dragonfly' cabinas each have their own colored glass walls in those motifs. Wi-fi is provided but there is no television to interfere - believe me you won't miss it.
Location is about a 15-minute drive from Bocas Town, making visitors think twice before going in, but this is a place for exploration and reflection. Monique can make recommendations and arrangements for day trips via boat, snorkel/scuba, rain forest, indigenous cacao farm, and other adventures that guests might request. Her knowledge of the area and its offerings lets guests make the best use of their time - or you can simply enjoy a relaxing vacation reading on the deck in the beautiful surroundings as I did
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic and charming facility with stunning beach front location. 6 rooms in main house and 3 cabinas, all with private bathrooms and kitchens. 2 small beaches are on either side of the property. Bluff Beach located 1 minute away. Within walking distance to La Curba and Dumper surf breaks. Paunch surf break is 15 minutes away. 4 miles from Bocas town. Free wireless internet in main house. Delicious prepared food available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Tesoro Escondido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tesoro Escondido Hotel Bocas Town
- Tesoro Escondido Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town