If you've never been to Bocas/Panama before, there are a handful of reasons to stay here:
- It's incredibly safe and out of the way. Jack and Lee will call you a cab whenever you want one and they'll be there in a few minutes to take you wherever you want on the island. Taxis are $1/person.
- The owners, Jack and Lee, are American ex-pats who have a great sense of the island and things to do; they've got connections with guides who will give you better deals through them than you'll get by walking around down. They've also got a few connections that simply aren't available to people who don't have a Panamanian phone. It makes a big difference, and you'll get the chance to go out with smaller groups to do more adventurous things by staying with with these two--and they're very willing to help schedule things for you to do while you stay with them. Some the guides they know prefer to do trips for "friends of friends," so you simply won't get the chance to see and do the more off the beaten path things with them if you stay at a hotel.
- The breakfasts are fantastic. They're different every day, and they're head and shoulders above your average hostel fare.
A two things:
- Be flexible and easy-going. Panama works on its own special pace and Bocas is even more laid back than that, and though Jack and Lee are definitively American, there's only so much they can do about the nature of island life. If you walk into the place expecting to find grass lawns and infrastructure like what you find at home, you're going to be disappointed and frustrated. Bahia says on their website to be laid back and they mean it--it's not a resort. But it does, like I said, include chances to see and do things that you would never get to do if you stayed at a resort.
- The rooms are all different -- if you're staying as a couple, I strongly recommend staying in the master room of the Casa Rosada--which is the property next door that Jack and Lee manage. (You can book it via their website.) Seriously. The view is spectacular and unbeatable anywhere on the island--and probably unbeatable anywhere in Panama.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bahia Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Hotel Bocas Town
- Bahia Del Sol Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town