At first I reserved at a different hotel and decided to read reviews here and followed people's comments on this one. Glad I changed to this Tropical paradise. It was by far the best choice. This hotel has the best location and accommodation in Isla Colon. The rooms are beautiful and have everything you need, great ocean view, LCD TV, A/C, mini fridge, cups and wine glasses. You have everything at walking distance, a little supermarket, amazing seafood restaurants, a German bakery, an American fun bar (El Toro Loco) and a club (El Barco hundido) where locals and tourists mix to enjoy salsa and ocean view at night. Despite all the music around the town and across the other island, inside the room it was quiet and peaceful.
Upon arrival a lovely member of the staff picked us up from the airport and 5 minutes later we were at the hotel at our beautiful ocean view room. The staff was extremely helpful in finding us things to do and quickly contacted Gerardo who became our private tour guide for our entire stay. He took us to the most amazing islands and ocean spots. Patiently waited until we saw many dolphins swimming in the middle of the ocean and as we sunbathed with the starfish at the crystal clear waters. He also recommended great restaurants in bungalows in the middle of the water. We did many fun activities as well as relaxed.
The bed is hard to get out of in the morning it's so comfy! Don't forget to relax in the bathroom Jacuzzi after a day out. Bring your own bath salts, as these are not included as amenities. You do get makeup remover individual tissues, this was a nice touch and quite helpful as I had forgotten mine. In case you forget a beach towel you can rent one for your stay only $5!
Breakfast was another highlight. Lily's cafe offers various options and it is included. We became friends with Brenda, who served us the most delicious homemade bread. It was such a great experience, we were sad to leave!
If you visit during the week and mid season you can get good deals on excursions and booking online you get up to 25% discount.
If you decide to visit Bocas, this is the best hotel to stay at. Ocean view is worth the extra few bucks as well.
We will definitely come back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Suites is a modern oceanfront hotel located in the heart of Bocas del Toro. Resting on a tranquil Caribbean shoreline, the property is close to many over the water restaurants, shops and attractions. The hotel's comfortable and spacious suites feature a panoramic view of the Caribbean waters or the island's tropical landscape. Amenities include private balconies, air conditioning, 24 hour front desk and water access from the hotel's private dock. Nearby attractions include beaches, snorkeling, dolphin watching, zip-lining, diving and surfing. Tours and activities may be arranged through the hotel's front reception. Guests may choose to include breakfast with their room rate. The property is a 15 minute walk or short taxi ride from the Bocas Town island airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tropical Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Hotel Bocas Town
- Tropical Suites Hotel Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town