“Best day tour in Bocas!”

Panama Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Panama Horseback Adventures is a small adventure based tour company that works closely with the indigenous people of the San Cristobal Village. We create jobs and tourism for the local village as well as provide top quality horseback adventures for riders of all levels.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Bocas Town, Panama
“Best day tour in Bocas!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

What an incredible day! Dave picked us up in his boat at Red Frog and we were given a great “mini-tour” on our 25 minute ride to the horses. His knowledge of local history is wonderful. I’d gotten my moneys worth even before we rode the horses. Make sure to ask him how he got the horses to the island. Crazy-amazing! When we arrived the horses were ready to go. Dave talked to each person about their riding experience to make sure we were matched with the right horse. The ride was beautiful and educational. Dave has really done his homework. Because our group had 2 young girls, we did a nice walk through the jungle which was perfect. Having not ridden for almost 20 years it was a perfect re-introduction. Now we’re ready for the longer more adventurous ride. We'll see you soon Dave!

Visited April 2014

Los Angeles, California, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience! ”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We went on the full day tour (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM). Being novice riders, it was so helpful and educational having Dave give us safety pointers and a quick-and-dirty lesson on how to handle ourselves and the horses on different terrain. He and his trail guide, Narcisso, made us feel totally comfortable and confident. The trail was beautiful and along the way, Dave provided education on the local flora and fauna. He also shared many colorful stories on the history of Bocas. The lunch in the village was delicious - yummy chicken, coconut rice, and beans. I purchased a great bag and two bracelets made by the local Artisans. Something I'll treasure, along with the memory of the ride, forever. Don't hesitate to go!!

Panama Province, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top tour & top tour guide”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Having read the other comments regarding this tour, I happily booked a half a day trip with my friend (another novice). The day was worth every penny, Dave is a thorough and personable guide and you feel very comfortable in the saddle, the trail is demanding in places and this adds to the overall experience. This was my second time in Bocas and was the highlight of both trips along Panama's Northern Caribbean tourist hotspot.

Vernon, Canada
“Best trip in bocas”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

One of the nicest thing about the tour besides the riding itself was meeting Dave, Molly and Narcise. My wife and I are inexperienced riders. Dave made everything so comfortable that after the tour was done I asked about doing a more advanced ride.. Unfortunately we ran ride out of time. Our tour was the best and most interesting one we did. The scenery, the wild life and getting to see a real Panamanian village was amazing. Thanks to Dave and his help and keep the good times coming.

Visited December 2013
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Probably one of the coolest days I've had has”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Dave picked us up in Bocas Town, and after a short and very cool boat ride, we arrived at his and his wife's amazing home. I'm an inexperienced rider and Dave showed me the 'ropes', put me on a nice horse and off we went. We went through the jungle and saw some amazing views. It was an incredible day. Well worth it!

1 Thank Alulalei