“Best trip in bocas”

Panama Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Panama Horseback Adventures is a small adventure based tour company that works closely with the indigenous people of the San Cristobal Village. We create jobs and tourism for the local village as well as provide top quality horseback adventures for riders of all levels.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Vernon, Canada
“Best trip in bocas”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

One of the nicest thing about the tour besides the riding itself was meeting Dave, Molly and Narcise. My wife and I are inexperienced riders. Dave made everything so comfortable that after the tour was done I asked about doing a more advanced ride.. Unfortunately we ran ride out of time. Our tour was the best and most interesting one we did. The scenery, the wild life and getting to see a real Panamanian village was amazing. Thanks to Dave and his help and keep the good times coming.

Visited December 2013

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Probably one of the coolest days I've had has”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Dave picked us up in Bocas Town, and after a short and very cool boat ride, we arrived at his and his wife's amazing home. I'm an inexperienced rider and Dave showed me the 'ropes', put me on a nice horse and off we went. We went through the jungle and saw some amazing views. It was an incredible day. Well worth it!

1 Thank Alulalei
Bocas del Toro, Bocas del Toro, Panama
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

For a first time rider, I had a great time. I live in Bocas and I have been on the tour twice, and I will do it again.

Visited December 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Best tour of our honeymoon BY FAR!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went on Dave's tour on the last day of our honeymoon, and we both wish we had scheduled it earlier in the week so that we could have done it again! It was easily the best tour of our trip, and we had an action-packed vacation. Dave was a wonderful host, was knowledgeable about the area and local history, and had some entertaining stories of some of the more colorful residents of the area. San Cristobal is the PERFECT place for a horseback tour. Every inch of the tour was full of beautiful landscapes and views, and full of wildlife to grab your attention. I couldn't stop taking pictures, there was just too much to see! The opportunity to go into the village was something we'll never forget. Dave was obviously popular there, and helped guide us through their customs. Dave was friendly, and down to earth, and we felt like we had known him for years. It was truly a treat to have his full attention on the tour by ourselves, we didn't feel like we were just a part of a crowd. The horses were well cared for and perfectly well-behaved for riders of all types. Narciso and Rosco were excellent tour companions as well, and are a huge part of our memories from this one-of-a-kind tour. I couldn't recommend Panama Horseback Adventures enough, there are too many good things to fit all into one review.

Visited May 2013
Savannah, Georgia, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great horses, amazing views, super adventure”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Dave gave us an amazing and informative tour of San cristobal on horseback. He personally picked us up by boat in Bocastown. Arriving we climbed 129 stairs to the stables where very well cared for horses were already saddled and ready to go. Over the mountains and through the sugarcane fields and cocoa farms we rode to an indigenous village. Served lunch and bought crafts. Ride home had incredible views. Back at the barn we met Molly , Dave's wife, who makes wonderful soaps and lotions. This is a 5 star experience.

Visited October 2013