“Fantastic Pizza - Fantastic Proprietors”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gargola Pizzeria and Skateboarding
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy
Description: Wood fired oven pizzas and soy burgers,homemade yogurt and ice cream.. special coffee, skateboarding mini ramp,professional skateboarding lesson for kids...surfboards repairs for next day...
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I met Daniel (one of the proprietors) as I was attempting to enter the water at Paunch (local reef break in Bocas Del Toro). Daniel kindly corrected my chosen path and saved me from entering the urchin infested area.

When we tried Gargola Pizza, I made the connection. The wood fired pizza from his Italian ceramic oven is stellar. His (and his wife's) kindness and generosity spills over into their cooking. The pizza is on par with some of the best pizzas that I've had both domestically in the USA and abroad in Europe. I am very particular about my pizza and live in a 'foodie' town, and consider the perfectly cooked thin crust and seasoning as spot-on. This is the real deal.

As other reviewers mentioned, they also make fantastic home-made yogurt with local honey as well as granola. And yes, their peanut butter ice cream is unbelievable.

Located just before the end of the pavement on the way to Paunch, it's worth the bike or taxi ride from town.

Brent

1  Thank brent l

Reviewed July 26, 2013

amazing soy burgers and pan fried french fries in virgin clean oil!!
wood fired pizza for only 7$
the best yogurt i have ever had!! Lovely couple!
They also make jewelry!! Never got to skate the ramp due to rain but that didn't stop the good times and laughs!! They are a great resource for local knowledge!!
This place and these people are the real deal!
They support the community so it was a pleasure to spend money w/ them!

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

To say that Daniel and Alessandra run this wonderful little pizza place would be true, but that doesn't cover even half of what they do. They make homemade yogurt, granola and the absolute best peanut butter ice cream you'll ever put in your mouth. Daniel used to be a chef in Italy and imported a wood fired pizza oven from there. The crust, the sauce - everything about it is perfect. But that's not all, Daniel also built a skateboard ramp and teaches local kids how to skateboard. He's teaching my kids how to surf every morning while we're here and he repairs surfboard dings. Definitely worth a trip while in Bocas!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a cool place run by a very friendly couple. Located on the road to Paunch right before the paved road turns to sand. Wood fired oven, thin crust pizza, Yummy! Also yogurt and other healthy foods.
Daniel has installed a skateboard ramp for the kids, he also repairs surfboards with one day turnaround. Great ambiance and you should check out the bathroom.
I will certainly return.
Randy

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is out at Big Creek, on the paved Playa Bluff Road. They only sell beer, but said they were going to get a little wine going. But the young Venezuelan couple are very interesting and we had a lot of fun talking to them. We loved the Pizza and they also make a peanut butter ice cream that did not sound good to me but my wife let me try a bite of hers and then I had to have one of my own. Under $10 for a pizza and $2 for a beer was about right and we drank plenty of them, because we stayed right next door at Monkey Tree Casitas. One night their whole family was in town, and we tried to leave, thinking we were imposing, but they wouldn't hear of it, so we met the whole family and had a very nice time!
Daniel and Alexandria are the two young Venezuelans and they are not afraid of work. They cleared the entire area themselves and that's tough! So if you stay out that way, or make a trip out that way, stop in and have a pizza and beer. If you rent bikes in town it'd be a great stop.