“By Far the most best dive center in Bocas”
Review of Bocas Dive Center

Bocas Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$61.00*
and up
Diving in Bocas del Toro
More attraction details
Owner description: The most dynamic shop on the island. All our equipment is new. Nitrox will be available January, 2013. Our boat was specifically built for diver safety and comfort and our 4 stroke engine shows our commitment to marine protection. Owner Eddie is a PADI Course Director who offers instruction from beginner to instructor level in English, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, French. We also offer the widest range of eco-programs available with some exclusive to us.
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By Far the most best dive center in Bocas”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The center features 2 Course Directors, all new equipment, and is very Eco oriented.

Due to their bigger and more powerful boat, they can offer trips further away to more interesting sites that the other center's.

It's also nice to dive with compressed air tanks that are relatively new, and not 30 years old like some of the other operations you'll find abroad.

Staff is friendly and knowledgeable and would certainly come back here.

Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Panama City, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“GOOD PRICE, PROFESSIONAL STAFF AND AWESOME DIVE”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My experience of 12 years diving is that everything change… tourism without control affect the marine life... Bocas Dive Center found the way to fusion education in conservative nature and species protection with something that I love… SCUBA DIVE… BDC have a dynamic and professional staff always prepare to overcome any climatic condition or another complication with one smile and great experience… To the other hand, the cost is very competitive and do this place a good choice if you want to have a great experience…

Thanks Eddie for everything!

1 Thank drlmou
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best Dive Center in Bocas!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was only supposed to take my open water at Bocas Dive Center, but as I loved the shop and the spirit at there so much, so I ended up also staying for my Advanced and Rescue diver.

All their equipment is new, and the instructors were very skilled (two of the guys working there were Course Directors!). The center is also very environmentally friendly, and you can feel straight away how everyone working there cares for the ocean and the ecosystem.
I did not try any of the other dive shops, but as I stayed in bocas for quite a long time - I talked to a lot of people, and how things were run at BDC seemed to be 10 times more professional than any of the other shops.

I would recommend anyone that goes to Bocas to try BDC!

Hilliard, Ohio, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving Experience”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was new to diving when i arrived, Bocas Dive Center came highly recommended to me! So when i was arrived i was kindly welcomed into the diving community, and taught valuable skills that i don't think i would have learned at other dive locations. The staff was very hands on ensuring that you learned the correct way and was willing to spend the extra time to help you understand if you needed it. It's a very fun filled environment and it has been a pleasure diving with the staff and i'm happy to have met them!. They introduced to me a fantastic new hobby that i will be sure to continue for many years to come! All i can say is Thank You Bocas Dive Center for the experience of a lifetime!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best in Bocas!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

First, my favorite part about the Bocas Dive Center is the atmosphere. Eddie and his team know how to perfectly combine a professional scuba diving environment with a relaxed and enjoyable vacation. Secondly, as an instructor, I always make sure I actually take the time to check the shops equipment. This includes everything from fins and regulators to the compressors and lab. The condition of the lab and facilities is almost always a good indicator of how safe and professional the dive shop handles its business. If its dirty and unorganized, keep walking. Eddies facilities were clean and and organized. His compressor ran like new and was clearly taken good care of. All of the tanks were up to date, and the regulators had all been serviced in the past 6 months!

On to the diving, Eddie himself is knowledgable and professional. He does not cut corners and gives the perfect amount of push to maximize student potential while keeping everything fun. All of the dives felt safe and were exciting. If you ask me, the best part about the diving in Bocas is that every dive site is completely different! I also had the opportunity to dive with a couple of Eddies dive masters and could immediately tell that Eddie does not joke around when it comes to his staff.

There is no doubt that Bocas Dive Center is the way to go. I can assure you that Eddie and his team are the nicest and most genuine people running a shop in Bocas.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Oren A
Eddie I, Owner at Bocas Dive Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We do work hard at making sure our clients get the best experience possible and we love to share our passion