“Lovely!”

Hotel Bocas del Toro
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This charming hotel more than met our expectations. The staff was very helpful, even helping friends of ours in town for the day, get transportation to the airport. Attention to detail is apparent everywhere, whether relaxing in our room, or on the water front restaurant deck. Proprietress Carla, was so helpful, suggesting outings and adventures, which we would not have discovered without her. Breakfast is included and a variety of items are available, fresh juices, omelets, fresh fruit and more. We stayed for 4 days all total, and dined at their restaurant 3 of the 4, preferring it to any place else we came across in town. Whether on a romantic get away, or a family stay, I highly recommend this quaint, but elegant hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank libbyshackford

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lovely little boutique hotel with excellent lobster, serene views of Boca harbor and my daughter and I had lovely foot massages and pedicures of our balcony -each an hour or more long both for $25 !!

I'd come back!

Room Tip: definitely get a balcony or penthouse room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DoctorY
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Personnel especially front desk is friendly and helpful. This hotel has a well earned reputation that you may be a little more for but you can be assured of a clean, costumer first experience. The location is great and the rooms are lovely and the bathrooms meet US traveler expectations.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Bocas del Toro hotel, where I met up with a long term friend that I had not seen for years. Of course, I hoped to celebrate a pleasant reunion, and I could not praise our stay more. The ambience of this charming hotel, combining caribbean beauty with high level comfort seeks its rival. The roomstandards superceeded my expectation. The view was absolutely stunning. The staff was friendly and helpfull. And the owner Carla made us feel so welcome. She helped us get arround, even introduced us to some of her friends. Not the best five star concierge could have treated and assisted us like her. We so admired her professional and at the same time caring approach to each detail. Needless to say, if you plan to visit Bocas del Toro and thoroughly enjoy your time, stay at this hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a great room with a large terrace overlooking the sea. The building is wonderful, built only 10 years ago but like being on an old wooden ship. What was surprising, since it is a hotel and not a "bed and breakfast", was how helpful the staff were. They were always available to assist with any concern and were especially kind and generous to our 2 year old daughter. The room was right above the restaurant out on the back deck but was extremely quiet, with good a/c (it can get awfully humid in Bocas Town.) Highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony and sea view then choose Room #5. The loft rooms on the top floor are very co...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Hotel Bocas del Toro is a delightful find right on the water in downtown Bocas. The owner, Carla, was very accommodating and it was wonderful getting to know her. She's been in Bocas a long time, so knows everything that's going on, and pointed me in the right direction for some of the task I was in Bocas to accomplish. The staff was friendly and eager to please. The room was very comfortable and it had a lovely view to the water. Everything was extremely clean and tastefully arranged. The meals were equally good as were the drinks from the bar. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Bocas. You will feel right at home and you won't be disappointed. Thank you Carla for your generous hospitality!!!! I look forward to coming again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view to the water!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caitlin25
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I were lucky to find this gem of a hotel. All our arrangements were made on line and everything we were promised came true....and MORE. The hotel is right on the water in Bocas. Our room was the top floor and terrific for two adults and our two 24/22 year old kids.
We had our own balcony with a terrific view. Even at night we could see all the activity, and had a couple of nice meals there after shopping in town. We saw many sites, and still have more to see upon our return.

What was most special about this quant little hotel was the folks that worked there. Very friendly, and very informed about what was happening around town and the wonderful sites we could go see. One of the beaches, Red Frog, was outstanding...like nothing we had seen before. Huge waves, beautiful sand. If we had known about Carla and her staff before we would have made our day trip plans with them instead of our contact in the US.

A special thanks of Carla who took her personal time to help us with a slight accident. There were no taxis on our last day in Boca because it was a beautiful day and all the tourists were out at different sites on the island. I hurt my back and the kids ran back to the hotel to get a cab....and before I could worry about my back Carla had returned with her car and took me straight to the local hospital. I was not interested in the hospital. Carla took us back to the hotel, we had already checked out, set me up on a chaise lounge so I could wait for the family to return, and made sure the staff new I was there if I needed help. Muchas Gracias Amiga!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 11, very comfortable and a great balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family