“Lovely hotel great service”

Hotel Bocas del Toro
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
“Lovely hotel great service”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a great stay. It is centrally located yet quiet. Very comfortable room and extremely helpful and friendly staff. I appreciated the access to restaurant menus, Miami Herald newspaper, coffee in the room for early risers. The hotel is beautifully decorated and maintained.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Bocas del Toro for one night with my boyfriend. We stayed during the Feria Del Mar, which is a festival they have every year.. food, crafts, souvenirs, and discos set up on the main beach on Isla Colon in Bocas. Because of this festival Panama was a little bit more crowded, and therefore prices were more expensive. I loved the design and architecture of the hotel, made of beautiful wood, on the water. They have a restaurant, and a bar area, plus breakfast is included. Breakfast was eggs, bacon, toast, juice and coffee or tea.

The room was clean and comfortable, but I think for the area, it was a little bit dated and small for the price you pay compared to other hotels close by. That being said, the location can't be beat. You are close to all of the best restaurants/bars and activities.

All of the receptionists were very nice and helpful, and one of them helped us book a taxi to Boca del Drago and Playa Estrella for the day. I highly recommend doing this! It's about a 1 hr drive to the other side of the island, but Playa Estrella has beautiful crystal clear waters, you can see starfish, there are several local restaurants on the beach as well. We went out on a small boat to a coral reef close by and snorkeled for awhile.

All in all it was a great trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mangohamaca11
San Jose
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Bocas was the first stop in our Panama trip, just after leaving the Costa Rica border. We stayed a couple of nights at the beautiful Hotel Bocas del Toro. The hotel is built on stilts, raises above the water like many other buildings in this area. Fine craftwork in wood, a beautiful decoration, comfortable, clean, and spacious rooms plus being close to the downtown action make of this hotel a very special and unique accommodation in Bocas del Toro. The restaurant has a nice view and allows you to have lunch on the outdoors terrace facing the ocean. Staff is nice and attentive and always willing to help you in whatever you may need. Special thanks to Carla the owner.

Room Tip: We liked best upper floor rooms. Streets can be a little bit noisy if you want to go to sleep early.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank christih85
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

It is confortable, clean, hot water, a/c and very nice rooms. It is in the towncenter close to all the good spots. They have their own restaurant that is also very good and has a nice view. If you need some advise ask the girl in the front desk, she will give you good tips

• Stayed July 2012
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

During the Bocas leg of our trip to Panama, my wife and I stayed at the fantastic Hotel Bocas del Toro. The wonderful wood craftsmanship, decor and placement (over water) makes you feel like you're actually on boat ready to sail out! The proximity to both the water & the town's warm & relaxing vibe makes it a perfect vacation spot.

When we arrived we enjoyed a great lunch on the outside terrace overlooking the ocean. The staff was really friendly and made us feel at home immediately. I still think of that delicious fish sandwich and Balboa cervesa I had!

Our top-floor room overlooking the town made us feel close to the action. The streets came alive from early morning and into late evening as we were there during Carnival! There was some outside noise at night, but with the door closed and AC on, we slept like babies. The bed was very comfortable. Linens were clean and comfortable as well. The AC worked great and kept us cool while we slept. We did have a few problems with the water pressure but the staff took care of getting the issues resolved quickly. That's something you should expect throughout Panama, infrastructure can sometimes be faulty. So keep this in mind when you visit and don't get irritated... you're on vacation!

The food overall was great. Service was also really nice and attentive. The breakfast was good and plentiful (although not their strongest service). The hot sauce served there was out of this world! We bought two bottles of it from the chef.

The staff gave us great recommendations of things to see and places to eat. I thank all of them for making our stay there a joy! A special thank you goes out to the owner Carla who went out of her way showing up at the airport to hand me my sunglasses (which I had left at a wine bar across the street). I really appreciated the kind gesture!

We loved our stay and if we're lucky enough to return someday, we'd stay there again without any hesitations. We definitely recommend Hotel Bocas del Toro...you wont want to leave!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PierreLFromMontreal
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 6, 2012

When I first arrived to Bocas, I wasnt quite sure where to go except "head to the water". From the airport to the water (a short 5 min walk), Hotel Bocas caught my eye. I typically "rest my head" at eco-lodges because the majority of my day is spent out side, but when I stopped into Hotel Bocas for a refreshment on the water and was greeted by the owner Carla, she was so informative and delightful with an absolutely amazing wait staff (hotel and restaurant), I decided to inquire about rooms for the evening. She had one! Beautiful nautical decorations, comfy beds, security locks for your valuables, hot water, A/C and windows. I was very pleased. Be sure to ask about the balcony rooms and inquire about "music nights" because sometimes (depending on the night), the entire town "shakes" with the base of the local clubs. Part of the local flare, but best to prep yourself for it so you are not irritated with a surprise disco party when you want some good shut eye! Thank you for a great stay Carla! Dr. Michelle Wolford

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DrMichelleW
Bocas del Toro Province, Panama
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My parents and i stayed at hotel Bocas del Toro and had a Wonderful experience. We received an upgrade upon arrival since all the standard rooms where booked. We had planed a reunion with our friends and family in the restaurant at the hotel and the chef prepared a very delicious seafood dinner including lobster that my parents still talk about a year later.
The staff is super friendly and the central location of the hotel makes it a great choice for lodging to explore the town and surroundings.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gran Hotel Bahia
Gran Hotel Bahia
#5 of 13 in Bocas Town
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa
Red Frog Beach Island Resort & S...
#1 of 3 in Isla Bastimentos
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge
#4 of 20 in Isla Colon
Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort

Been to Hotel Bocas del Toro? Share your experiences!