“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bocas Town
San Luis Obispo, California
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed the experience. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, close to restaurants, boat tours/taxis, and a grocery store. There is a giant building being constructed across the street so the view wasn't so great and the noise was a little unbecoming while trying to have a peaceful breakfast. But that's not the hotel's fault. The complimentary breakfast options are okay - nothing spectacular but a good way to start the day. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only complaint was with the bathroom - it was a little "worn-down" and the hot water stopped working on my second day there (of course, you don't really NEED hot water in Bocas!).

Room Tip: Because of the construction happening across the street (as of July 2012), it's probably not wor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Panamá
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I am from Panama city and I love Bocas. Ths last time I decided no pay more for an hotel. In previous trip I paid lot quantities for a room and did not deserve that. Hotel laguna is clean is centric and the service is excelent. The recepcionist is very focus in customer service and the ownership is always pending about any requirements that you need. But like in everything take in consideration the following:
- Rooms are noisy I was in room 3 and you can hear steps from the top. The second floor is made by wood and if you were bottom you hear all the noise. Ask for a room in the top but not for th front due to the front is the main street and is very noisy.
-they could offer you ice. I the rooms you have a mini refrigerator but it is not too cold just fresh and at the end of tours when you arrive at the hotel a cold soda or juice or water will be nice.
-Cable TV is acceptable but sometime the signal is not too clear.
Good things are:
-nice amvient good service.
-delicius breakfast three options mmm
-good air condition and very clean
I was very happy my family and I with this hotel highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel is really nice and clean and the rooms are really comfortable.
The only complaint would be how loud the air conditioning is. We had to move rooms after the first night because in our first room it was sooo loud, sounded like an aeroplane was in our room and caused the walls to vibrate. It was much better in the 2nd room and the staff were really nice and had no problem moving us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cday84
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The hotel and management were just fine for the price range. Yes you have to have ear plugs BUT you also can get a deck with a view of the main street and the park plus you are in the middle of the town with access to everything. Why walk when a clean, a/c room with good management is right there in the middle of town?

Room Tip: There is a building going up across the street during 2012. The noise can bother you if you stay too...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed at the hotel 2 days, February 27-28, 2012. This hotel is right in the middle of everything you need : tour operators, restaurants, groceries, bank, bus, taxis! Prices are really good. So overall, this is a good hotel!

BUT... what makes Hotel Laguna an EXCELLENT hotel is the staff! First, Felix is soooooo helpful! Before I came to Bocas, we exchange quite some emails and he always answered me quickly and he can give you excellent advices about tours and everything. On the same day I arrived, he quickly booked me a taxi to Bocas del Drago because I arrived too late with the taxi-boat.

AND... Finally, another GREAT person is Andrea at the reception! Wow... she's been soooooooo helpful too! I lost my key, my money and my credit card at sea (yeah... what a nice day!!! haha), and she helped me transfering international calls to arrange everything and she's been extremely patient with me... she's a gem! :)

So... if I come back to Bocas, I will definately come back to Hotel Laguna! :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FredzWay
mexico city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I rented a suite for 2 weeks and a regular room for a day. The suite was a good an especially good value. Quality beds and bedding. Cable, nearby store, right across the street, wi fi, Quality hotel and Excellent service from both Felix and his brother, Antonio They were quite knowledgeable about tours, day trips,schedules for all busses, and hooked me up with a wonderful and safe tour guide named Raphael Clark, who showed me around the area and then went into Panama City with me. I really had a good time art the hotel and found the rooms and the staff to be THE MOST efficient and clean hotel I have stayed at in years. Any concern I had was immediately addressed. THANKS ALL.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nightskydreams
North Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

The Laguna Hotel has an excellent location and very friendly and helpful reception staff as well as clean rooms, making for a all-around good experience.

I was first offered room #5, a very small single, but with a balcony. It was at the top of the stairs and I thought it might be noisy, so I asked to see another room. I was given #14, a double. Its window faces the balconies on the other side so I had to keep the shades closed. The room had good air-condiitoning and a small bathroom and shower. It connects to another room, which might be useful if a family books two rooms.

Breakfast is offered in the hotel restaurant and you can eat on the verandah. There is coffee or juice, and your choice of eggs to order, yogurt with granola or cereal.

Our guide told us potable water is a problem in Bocas, so drink bottled water. There is a mini-mart next door to the hotel and prices are good.

• Stayed February 2011