“4 weeks of studying Spanish”

Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Habla Ya offers different types of Spanish courses: from group lessons (4 hours per day, maximum 6 students per class) and private classes.
Stockholm, Sweden
“4 weeks of studying Spanish”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Habla ya was a good school. I liked the lesson time between 8-12 and my teacher Stephanie were the best spanish teacher I have had. I learned a lot of Spanish, but if I could wish one more thing we had been doing more I should say: TALKING. Because that's one of the most important thing when you need to talk Spanish. Learning by doing, daily conversations would probably be the best.

Visited January 2014

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to learn Spanish”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I found Habla Ya when I was searching for Spanish schools in Central America. I went to both their location in Boquete and then in Bocas del Toro, a week at each. I have to say that I found their location in Boquete to be run/managed much more professionally. But the teacher I had in Bocas del Toro made all the difference in the world. She was definitely the best Spanish teacher I had from either location, Aicel Anett Silva Gonzalez! And the friends I met and made during that week also made the experience that much richer.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Franki L
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Loved Bocas and Habla Ya”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was only able to stay in Bocas del Toro and attend Habla Ya for one week but I enjoyed my stay very much! The host family I was paired with through Habla Ya was WONDERFUL. I was able to form close relationships with them and I still chat with them now. I also really liked my teacher, Stephanie! She was very funny and taught the lessons in ways that the other students and I found enjoyable. I also liked the activities that were made available by the school each day. I was able to go to Starfish Beach with other people from the school which made it much more enjoyable. I wish I could have stayed longer and I definitely recommend Habla Ya to anyone who is interested in studying Spanish even if for a short period of time.

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Habla Ya for learning Spanish- Adriana Santiago- a great instructor”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I would like to recommend Adriana Santiago as a Spanish instructor in Bocas del Toro. I took private lessons with Adriana for 2 weeks and felt very confident and comfortable with the amount of Spanish we covered. She takes great pride in her job- ensuring daily that you have understood what was covered the day before and reviewing it thoroughly again if there are misunderstandings. I can attest- misunderstandings weren't at all due to her teaching! One day Adriana noticed that I was tiring some in the afternoon and she saw the need for a walk and talk! This was one of the highlights of the class for me. We walked to the St. Vincent home to visit the residents and speak with them. I really enjoyed this interaction and I could tell that she really cares about the people there. We also decided to take a field trip to Playa Estrella one day and took her beautiful 9-month daughter along. It was a good day to practice practical Spanish and enjoy the beach, family and lunch. One day I requested that we have lessons in the place I was staying as it was right on the water and much more appealing than the classroom environment- again she was accommodating of this request. If I go back to Bocas and study again I will most definitely be requesting Adriana!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“exceptional environment & teachers!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I couldn't speak more highly of my experience with Habla Ya. I took only 1.5 weeks of classes (Intermediate 1) and I definitely wanted MORE!

Before choosing Habla Ya (or Panama, really), I explored several Spanish language schools online, and initiated conversations with several. In prior years, I had taken semi-private lessons in short stints in Mexico City and in La Paz, Bolivia, and based on those experiences, I knew I wanted something on the more structured side of things.

Habla Ya impressed me right from the start - from the online placement test, to the phone call I received the day after I submitted my interest. I found the initiation to be extremely supportive, helpful, professional and prompt.

And my Habla Ya classroom experience exceeded my expectations. First, I made it to Bocas barely one hour before my first class was meant to begin - the office staff (Cesar & Dominique) were accommodating and helpful (getting me water, ensuring a safe/trustworthy environment for me to just leave all my belongings while I went to class).

My teacher, Diogenes, was exceptional. He began by understanding my learning goals and my learning style (e.g. do I like to be corrected along the way as I'm speaking or at the end?). Then he shared some things about his style and asked my permission to make some changes to our schedule (I was there over the two weeks of Christmas & New Year).

Diogenes created a super-relaxed, yet well-paced environment encouraging of risk-taking and free of pressure. He is incredibly patient, quite funny, and enthusiastic about his own learning (which created fun opportunities for me to try to explain English phrases in Spanish), all of which resulted in an incredible setting for me.

We would start each class just by chatting, storytelling. This allowed us to make a great connection with each other, and for me to practice conversations as I might actually have with my friends (versus awkward formal rote conversations I had in prior classes with teachers I knew nothing about and with whom I didn't feel comfortable being open about myself). He also used various games/activities and we even went for a walk during one of our classes... all methods to keep things interesting and nurture various styles of learning/reinforcement.

I also had one class with Yaderline who was great, although a bit timid. She took an interest in getting to know me personally as well, and even suggested some fun things for me to do in Bocas.

I can't say enough about my experience with Habla Ya & Diogenes - HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Visited December 2013

Travelers who viewed Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes also viewed

Bocas Town, Isla Colon
Bocas Town, Isla Colon

Been to Habla Ya Spanish School, Bocas del Toro Campus- Day Classes? Share your experiences!