“Octopus!!!”

El Limbo on the Sea Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 70 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Octopus!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

This is probably one of the nicest looking restaurants in town. It is a bit more expensive than some, but just about worth it. It gets its '5' for the delicious octupus. If you are looking for a treat, here's good.

• Visited August 2014

Heemstede, The Netherlands
“Very disappointing ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

When I entered the restaurant it had a good vibe, and I was confident it was going to be a great night. However right from the start this turned out to be completely wrong.

Although we asked to be seated at a table for 9, it took 15 minutes for someone to start helping is. This turned out to be a recurring problem. After every question asked or drink ordered, it wood take an average 20 minutes to get something. Our first drinks only reached us after we'd been in the restaurant for almost an hour. Since we were with 9, we talked with some other guests who were dining with two. They had already gotten their main course without receiving their first drink.

This made me hope for a quick main course, but I was very wrong. The main course arrived after something above 1 hour after ordering.

When the food was finally there, the dissatisfaction began to grow. My 'rare' steak turned out to be completely well done. Normally I would send this back, but I was afraid of having to wait another hour to get my replacement. But it was clear that for a filet mignon of this price this was unacceptable. I do have to say the side dish of potatoes was delicious.

Our second round of drinks, ordered well 20 minutes before our main course arrived, was brought to us after we'd finished our meal. All in all the tempo of the kitchen/bar was a complete abomination and the quality of the food couldn't even begin to make up for this.

The thing I blame them the most though is when we wanted to leave. We asked the restaurant to call us a cab, since because of the extremely long waiting times it was already very empty on the streets. They refused to do this however and told us to just wait on the street. Really bad service and even kind of rude.

If you visit Bocas del Toro, just be sure to avoid this restaurant, since it will only ruin a before perfectly looking night.

1 Thank nilsmackay
Kelowna
“Reasonable but overcharged on drinks perhaps”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were staying at the hotel in June and decided to have dinner there on our second night. Arrived during happy hour so it seemed we should only have been charged for one drink (perhaps weren't as we each had something different (pina colada vs beer). Bill showed HH comment for the drinks but charged for 2 instead of just 1. Chicken was very moist but bacon was limp and unappealing. Vegetables were almost perfectly cooked - excellent broccoli! Portions were generous. Forget what husband had but recall he was happy overall. Also very interesting side restaurant also part of El Limbo called Indus. Best speciality mojito I've ever had - passion fruit. Yummy and was only $6 or $7. Great decor setup to lounge on with pillows and East Indian stye furniture etc. Had a separate menu I think. We only had drinks there.

• Visited June 2014
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
“Gourmet Menu in such a tiny town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were there for a small lunch, after checking a few leading restaurants of Bocas.

Apart from its great location -merely in the sea-, our first impression was that the menu was distinguished from others, feeling that gourmet tastes and touches are at scene.

We had "Cream of Brocoli and Spring Onion", "Tartar of Tuna" and "Chocolate Mousse with Passion Fruit". All them were very tasty with gourmet touch, specially "Tartar of Tuna". Hence so surprised to have a gourmet menu and tastes in such a tiny town; where almost all the restaurants have identical meals on their menu.

The service took some time, but Augustina has calmly handled and was helpful. The bill was approx. %10 less than the similar restaurants had.

After the meal, I checked the reviews in Trip Advisor, there are astonishinly controversial impressions; as if two or more different chefs are on duty. Actually I wouldn't give a chance if I had read these -most being negative- reviews; but I am very happy that I had not read them, otherwise I wouldn't have these excellent tastes.

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Worst meal during three months traveling in Costa Rica / Panama”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Where to start? From the outside, the restaurant looks beautiful. Charming, on the water, nicely decorated. DECEPTION. That is where the positives end. This place is overpriced and the food is abysmal. Starting with the appetizer sampler - sad olives from a can, ceviche that is tough and the worst of any I've had in three weeks down here, lukewarm shrimp with limp bacon and the highlight - feta cheese and bread (impossible to screw up). The entrees - supposed to be the fish of the day, which was salmon - could not have been worse. Bland sauce, sad side of veggies and I swear there is NO WAY the fish was salmon. Also there were random nuts sprinkled over everything (without mention on the menu) so my husband couldn't eat anything due to his allergies. Overall a huge fail. We have had so many nice meals in Central America (and rely heavily on tripadvisor mostly so quickly realized out mistake in heading here just based on the view!) and this was 100% the worst. DONT BE FOOLED. Don't go here!

1 Thank skadetzfoster