“Bartender and Waiter are Scamming Together”

El Limbo on the Sea Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 71 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boulder, Colorado
“Bartender and Waiter are Scamming Together”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Since my friend and I discovered this place on TripAdvisor, I am compelled to tell other TripAdvisor readers what actually happened during our visit. We stopped by the lounge area of the bar/restaurant to have a drink before dinner. We each had two frozen margaritas, which at this place cost $7 each (which is actually quite high for Bocas). I paid the check with a credit card and when the waiter returned with the form to sign, they had charged me nearly $50 (should have been $28 before tip). It appears this was the bartender's doing and we believe it was deliberate given how closely she was watching our particular interaction from afar. Furthermore, they had charged me through BEFORE signing, which the charging is supposed to be processed after I sign. So, we went with the waiter to the bar to handle the situation, and the bartender (a woman) tells me the original amount will be refunded and that they will run the new charge through. It seemed sketchy, and not surprisngly, when I checked my credit card transactions, they had indeed run BOTH charges through and never refunded me the incorrect amount.

The place is a total scam - not sure about ownership but definitely the young female bartender and young male waiter working here on the evening of Wednesday, August 2nd were trying to scam visitors. WATCH OUT FOR THIS PLACE.

4 Thank kquann