“delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gringo's - CLOSED

Gringo's
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Amazing authentic Mexican! Location a little hard to find, but totally worth looking for.Highly recommend the Chimichanga if they have it on the menu.

Visited October 2013

Hamilton TX
“Muy buenos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Gringo's is a great place to eat and drink. Gary and
Laura are terrific hosts! The beer is super cold and the margaritas are the best in town. When you get ready to eat, there's not a better place for real Mexican food. I had the combination plate - chalupa and an enchilada. Soo good! I loved the salsa; it's fresh and tasty. Everything is homemade.

Visited October 2013
Astoria, New York
“Great Mexican food and a fun time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here for lunch and highly recommend it!! We decided to check this place out and glad we did. It is one block off of the main road, but is easy to find - just look for the signs that say mexican food on the main road that point you in the right direction. Great place right in a Bocas neighborhood.

Everything on the menu sounded delicious, but we ended up ordering the nachos and the smothered burrito. Everything was fresh and made to order - the burrito was smothered in tons of cheese and the nachos had the toppings evenly spread out. I get the feeling it's the kind of place that you can't go wrong no matter what you order. Also, start off with one of their margaritas, heavy on the tequila and perfect on a hot day.

As good as the food was, the most memorable part was hanging out with the owner, Gary, and a few other relocated Americans who were there just hanging out. We ended up having a couple beers, hanging out for a few hours and trading stories. It was great to make a few friends along the way on our trip. Gary gave us a few bumper stickers and made us promise to stick one in a fancy restaurant in New York where the food is five times the price and not half as good - we're going to take care of this soon!

While your in Bocas definitely stop by Gringo's, it was one of the most memorable parts of our trip!!

• Visited September 2013
Quito, Ecuador
“" Love That Shirt" Not!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is what I was greeted with as I walked into Gringo´s by some old guy a few years younger than myself. I was the owner Gary handing it out.
We had a great time talking about some people we both had know in Texas many years ago.I did also meet a few of the locals (Walter and Chip) and the party bus must have folowed me in to Gringo´s as the place was full of Expats after about 30 minutes.
The food was great and drinks were strong and my server was the best in Panama, which is funny as she is from Arizona. She also has a great smile and was also the best looking woman that I saw on my trip.

I will be back.

JW Wacker

• Visited October 2013
World
“Okay Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had to find good Mexican food in central american. This place was alright. I had the chimichanga, and it was good but maybe it was because I haven't had one in 3 years! The prices are a little stiff, but it was worth it. I would return to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013