“Great flavor, but had a hiccup.”
Review of Gringo's - CLOSED

Gringo's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had read positive reviews, so we wanted to give them a try. The restaurant has no A/C, so on a hot day, prepared to be... hot. I used the condensation from my water bottle to cool me down. They had fans going, which helped but it was still uncomfortable most of the time. I guess that's just kind of how it is here, though. I'm not knocking points off for that, just wanted to warn you.

I ordered the taco salad for my kids and I, which seemed fresh and delicious... until I noticed that my kids and I were eating partially raw chicken. They were very apologetic and brought us new salads and in restitution, took off the $ for tax and tip. We tipped them anyway.

The flavors in my second salad were great, which is why I'm giving them 4 stars. I'm just not sure I would return because those kinds of experiences throw me off. I really appreciated them trying to make it up to us, though. At least they cared!

1  Thank kristin4health
There are newer reviews for Gringo's

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The people know what there doing like old mexico. Highly recommend it. The staff where very friendly and helpful. Everything i've had on the menu is amazing if Your into mexican. good salsa and chips.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Best tex mex food in all of Panama. Not cheap but well worth it! Nice friendly staff and good margaritas.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I got a chance to eat at a lot of places in Bocas. Gringos is a great place to hang out with friends and enjoy some really good Mexican food. Also the margaritas are the best in Bocas. I recommend the tacos. They had a very nice amount of spice.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a very good dinner for a reasonable price at this restaurant. If you like Mexican food, you will be happy here. Food was delicious, and the service was very good too.