“Mexican food lovers will not be disappointed”
Review of Gringo's - CLOSED

Gringo's
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Coming from Arizona, really good Mexican food is a staple for me. So, I was a little surprised to find a Mexican restaurant in Bocas del Toro, and wasn't sure how "authentic" the food would be. Turns out, the food was very good. Lots of it, too. Enjoyed sitting outdoors and meeting several "locals" while dining there. Would definitely go here again.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

It is hard to find good Mexican food in Panama. This was pretty good. They have a wide variety on the menu. My jugo de melon was delicious.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I made the "mistake" of going here for lunch before a 3pm Spanish lesson. I had a delicious margarita and was tipsy for the rest of the day.... Oh, and the food was good too!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Since I first sailed into Bocas over 13 years ago and fate decided this to be my home, people have often asked me what I miss about living in the United States, and Texas in particular. On the top of my list was good Tex-Mex food. Now those longings have finally been cured by the delicious food and very tasty Margaritas always prepared with love at Gringo's.
To tell the truth I seldom leave my comfort zone, which is either on the water, over the water, or within sight of the water. Gringo's is one of the only places that has lured me "inland", over and over again, and I have never been disappointed (except when I go there on one of the few days when they are closed). The only thing they could do to improve it would be to offer delivery out to the sailboats in the marinas and out at anchor. But then I wouldn't get to see and talk with the kind people who work there and run the place, so it is perfect as it is.
If you're craving really good Tex-Mex food at a very affordable price, served in generous portions without sacrificing quality (especially the nachos served in a massive edible taco-shell bowl), with beautifully painted walls creating a great atmosphere, Gringo's is definitely the only option and a delight not to be missed by anyone visiting the islands.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I live in LA with tons of good Mexican places to eat. This may have topped them all. Everything tasted perfected seasoned and fresh.