“Didn't live up to the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lemongrass - CLOSED

The Lemongrass
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Lemongrass - Asian Fusion restaurant on the Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro waterfront. We use mostly local seafood, allowing our menu to change daily according to availability. We have the best views in town, great drinks, and a unique mix of Panamanian, Asian, and Mediterranean cuisine.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Started off with the world's worst Bloody Mary. The restaurant must have shares in celery salt. Sent back, but the replacement wasn't much better.

Food was ok, but nothing to get excited about. View from the upper deck was good.

There are better places in Bocas.

• Visited August 2014

Kailua, Hawaii
“Friendly service, good prices, blah tasting food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Up a flight of stairs and open view to the channel. Seating is pretty good, there are a lot of fans strategically placed to circulate the air. Service was pretty prompt and there was live music the night we went. The only disappointment for us was the tasteless food. It was VERY bland. The seafood dish I had was primarily made up of carrots and yucca, very little seafood. On the other side, the prices were very reasonable, some of the lowest in Bocas, and the beer was cold and nicely presented with napkins over the bottle tops. The appetizers were OK, but also lacked flavor. I would consider this one of the more family friendly places in Bocas.

brisbane
“Tasteless thai food but ok service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My curry was very bland and tasted like potato soup with NO traditional thai flavours at all. The pad thai was unbalanced with the wrong type of noodles and seemed to lack egg and peanuts.

2 stars far good service and nice but expensive drinks.

So many options DO NOT waste your time and money here especially if you appreciate thai flavour

Olten
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is nice on the 1st floor with a great view over the lagoon. We had a nice dinner and the atmosphere was good: music was played live and the staff was friendly.

The prices are around 10-15 dollars. We would come back again!

Austin, Texas
“Good Thai Fusion, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

I went to Lemongrass twice over the week I was in Bocas. The food was always very tasty, I had a spicy chicken curry dish, we tried the tuna, and also chili lime calamari. Prices are average for the area. I did like the atmosphere, cool and breezy. Evening live music was tranquil. My only complaint was that unknown to me, there was a calamari appetizer ($7) and a dinner ($14), and when I said "calamari" the server didnt ask which I wanted, so of course they ended up bringing the $14 one and I found out about it when I got the bill. Honest mistake perhaps. Or maybe it happens often. I paid for it anyway because it was great.

I would go back to Lemongrass anytime and recommended them to other travelers heading to Bocas.