“Very limited menu of bad food”
Review of The Lemongrass - CLOSED

The Lemongrass
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lemongrass - Asian Fusion restaurant on the Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro waterfront. We use mostly local seafood, allowing our menu to change daily according to availability. We have the best views in town, great drinks, and a unique mix of Panamanian, Asian, and Mediterranean cuisine.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Very limited menu of bad food”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Much of the menu wasn't available. What was available was not good: spring rolls consisted of buttered noodles in a shell, pad thai consisted of buttered noodles with a few veggies (not even close to what could be considered a pad thai). We didn't finish our meals. All in all, not worth going to.

• Visited February 2013

alr4444
“Fantastic view with great food & friendly service”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was really surprised by the last few bad reviews of this restaurant. We ate there with a group of 12 people (just dropped in) and they handled the surprise very well. Good food, drinks and great service - for a good price. We had a really great experience and would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
Western Canada
“Worst food we had In Panama”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Other than the view, this place has nothing going for it. Service was poor, wait time was far too long, and the food.....crappy. I had a red curry with chicken-exactly two thumb sized pieces of chicken and a watery sauce with minimal flavor and no heat. My daughter had chicken satay that was cooked two weeks ago aong with peanut butter mixed with chicken stock.
You can do much better in Bocas without much effort.

• Visited January 2013
“Slow service, bad attitude and mediocre, overpriced food”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Don't waste your time or money at overrated Lemongrass. We ordered a Thai green curry shrimp dish and after about 30 minutes, it finally arrived. The waitress was lazy and seemed uninterested in us. when we asked her for another bowl of rice, she seemed irritated and angry. Once the food arrived, it was pretty mediocre. I've made better Thai curry dishes at home!

The total came up to $18 for one dish shared between the two of us without any drinks. The view of the water was nice but that's about it. Otherwise, it was quite disappointing.

• Visited January 2013
Panama
“Thanks for the diarrhea”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

So my two colleagues and I heard about this restaurant through an islander. The fact that they claim to have Thai food really peaked an interest in one of my buddies as he had been to East Asia often and loved it. The drinks were good; I'll give them that. The food - bad... ...really bad! First, they mixed up the orders for my two colleagues and the Mahi Mahi I ordered had absolutely no taste to it at all. Water has more taste than this plate they brought me. We tried to order desert, but were told that they would have to go to the store and get icecream first... yeah, I had no intentions of waiting for them to go shopping... We left, but not until taking a little something with us first. The next morning, we ALL woke up with cronic diarrhea and it kept going for three days now - yes, I still have it and so does one of the others in my group. Not happy to say the least. Very scenic and the waitress was sweet. Thanks for the diarrhea!

• Visited December 2012