“delicious thai food in a beautiful caribbean setting - awesome signature salad!!”
Review of The Lemongrass - CLOSED

The Lemongrass
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lemongrass - Asian Fusion restaurant on the Isla Colon, Bocas del Toro waterfront. We use mostly local seafood, allowing our menu to change daily according to availability. We have the best views in town, great drinks, and a unique mix of Panamanian, Asian, and Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Lemongrass is a thai/asian-fusion style restaurant with a beautiful ocean view. they have delicious curry dishes, lots of tasty looking seafood options, and their lemongrass salad was absolutely delicious!! we would have come back here again if we had stayed longer in the bocas. dinner was priced fairly, but the rumor is that the real deals exist during the lunch hours. i highly recommend visiting lemongrass when in the bocas!!

Reviewed May 8, 2011

In Bocas Town there isn't much to be excited about except the possibility of a decent meal and a trip to an outlying island. The average person here involved in a service/waitstaff position is mediocre as a general rule. There are exceptions. The Lemongrass appealed to me becuase it is a second story, quasi open air eatery and bar overlooking the water and above the noise of surrounding establishments. The first night I had a Tuna steak with wasabi sauce and I was delighted. The service wasn't much but got a little better after I chatted our waitress up a bit.. The second night I had a whole fried snapper with fries and a salad and it was good. The service was lousy. I highly recommend the Lemongrass for food exerience but service needs help as does most of the establisments I've frequented in Latin America. Staff needs training desperately in people skills.

Reviewed December 19, 2010

A variety of options and a creative chef make this a great place to enjoy delicious quality food, great service and refreshing cocktails in one of the best located restaurants in Bocas Town. Don't miss it!!!

Reviewed December 15, 2010

I ate THE BEST tuna poke at the lemongrass, along with their signature drink, a great meal!!

Reviewed December 15, 2010

So, this place has a very ideal location, it's on the water, and very close to everything, it's a good place to have drinks, and relax while you eat great food!
I go there once or twice a year when I visit, and I always get whatever is fresh, usually seafood, since it is an island and that's what you should get when in the caribbean, delicious, fresh seafood, and this guys know how to blend the caribbean flavors with the thai spices, I'll make sure I go back again and again!