“superb day on the water”
Review of Bocas Sailing

Bocas Sailing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guests on the Catamaran MOVIDA enjoy a fun filled day sailing around the archipelago of Bocas Del Toro, Panama. Lay back, relax and sail with us through the mangroves, with the dolphins and enjoy snorkeling at some outrageous reefs. Come aboard our 42ft/12meter catamaran and experience Bocas Del Toro tours in a different way. We welcome you all. Individuals, couples, families, big groups, students and people of all ages, shapes and sizes. Since 2005 we've worked with many tour operators from many different countries. Come experience the difference and step off the "beaten track!"
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Marcel was a wonderful host who allows you to have a fabulous time aboard his catamaran. Lunch was fine, drinks are cheap, and the opportunity to meet visitors from all over the world was great. It was my first time snorkeling and I felt supported in this endeavor. We saw dolphins and fish, coral and many boats along the way. It was a highlight of my trip. Thanks to Marcel, it was a day I will long remember.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We booked the sail tour to dolphin bay. Its started off great, managed to see some dolphins, did a little snorkling and had an alright lunch. Then the outboard motor failed, which wasn't a suprise cause the cat didn't appear to be well maintained. I personally would have expected that they send someone out to fix it there and then, or at least send out another boat to finish the tour off. Instead it took us 6 hours to tack back to bocas town as there was very little wind. As we were so late we were unable to do the other activities there. Would have been nice to get a free drink or something for the delay. No one seemed to be in a hurry but it just got very boring for 6 hours sitting there.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great tour of the Bocas area. Was recommended to us by other people staying at our B&B and we in turn recommended it to others. Nice boat (Chewbacca), nice captain (Chris), very relaxing!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My parents and I found the Bocas Sailing charters along the main road after dinner one evening and were checking out the sign boards when Cpt Marcel, who was leaving a little later than usual, sidled up to explain about the catamarans and the sights to see on the journey. Cost per person $45, tour for the next day was 9:30-4:30, including sub sandwich lunch (delicious!) and fresh fruit, all prepared on-board during stops for snorkeling.
Captain Riccardo, an Italian (who has sailed in America Cup and is setting up sailing camps for children in Cork) was undeniably adept. The sky was overcast but high, which was perfect weather. Be careful to apply sunscreen frequently, I can see how bad sunburns can happen!
The catamaran was perfect for our total group of 8 including Riccardo. Note that if there are not enough people signed up for the day, the tour might be postponed until the following day. I think this is reasonable to ask, since the tour is $45 per person and there are considerable costs to maintain the boat, pay the crew etc.
It was heaven to stand and walk around the white deck, watching the two sails perfectly catch the wind, with occasional gentle warnings from Riccardo if we were about to tack (just to be aware since the boom will shift and depending on your position, it could catch someone off guard). The only sounds were the rhythmic slap of waves on the hull, the sails gently flapping when the wind intermittently lagged: complete heaven.
As we sailed into Dolphin Cay, Riccardo put on the Lumineers and the music was so chill that the dolphins were curious and sought out our boat. They were beautiful, a pair of them.Of course, as soon as they surfaced to check us out, two obnoxious motor boat tours zoomed over with boats stuffed with people to take a look and chase them. After the motor boats left, the dolphins found us once more:)
We left the cay and did some snorkeling around a cluster of mangroves. We were politely instructed not to touch the corals, and no fins. We brought our own gear but masks and snorkels were provided. The snorkeling was really good, I found, the corals were beautiful and I loved to just float there and watch the fish nibble at the reef.
We pulled anchor after about an hour, and sailed on to another reef (ah, the name escapes me now!) with some more snorkeling. The reef was so-so on that particular day, I found the mangroves much more fascinating. But there were still some colorful fish to see, especially if they swarmed about a tidbit of pineapple! Fun to watch!
We had a snack of fresh pineapples and watermelon, then finally returned for home. One of the things I liked most during the tour was the easy way Riccardo answered all of my basic questions about sailing. He wad eager to share his knowledge if you are so inclined to ask. In total, the tour was about 7 hours and worth every cent.
Ecologically responsible, wonderful vessel and knowledgable, friendly staff: this deserves a five-star rating.

2  Thank Lindsey W
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had lived in Bocas and seen many of the islands before doing this tour and I wish I had done it earlier. It's one of the most relaxed ways to see some of the best spots around the islands. The snorkeling spots selected by the crew are wonderful-lots of bright colorful coral and fish. The weather wasn't perfect, but it didn't matter because everything was done so well. I was able to fully relax and enjoy the islands. I'd highly recommend this for a day trip to see some of the best of Bocas.