“Good food, a bit expensive, rude owner”
Review of El Pecado - CLOSED

El Pecado
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: El Pecado is an exotic food restaurant in the world. Our menu features a wide variety of dishes. Sea food, Italian food, Mediterranean food, local flavors, Caribbean flavors. We also have a full bar where visitors can enjoy the best and freshest drinks. Several nights we are pleased to accompany dinner with live music. Our experience provides us with the necessary tools for friends, families and couples to have an excellent time
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I visit a couple of time this restaurant, think the food is ok a bit expensive...my last time I had a bad experience with the owner...I order a ceviche and beef...basicly my food came fast but when I was have half of my meal the waiter come with the bill and ask me to pay coz they were in hurry to close the restaurant...9:30 in the night...I paid my bill and then they vanish all the table and chair from the terrace and I stay there finish my food with out lights...the owner walk out and I told him, you know I have a restaurant as well and even if we have a client we wait till the finish and pay the bill...he rude answer was NOT ME....thanks Canadian guy my meal was 33.00 dolars...you should learn manners...and wanna tell you something, the waiter told me: you should see the menu coz you always stop to eat by here, is true, but NOT ANYMORE...as you said NOT ME...

2  Thank MAGSCOCO1964

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best food we ate in Bocas! Our group ate here multiple times and we were consistently impressed with the presentation, service and quality of this resterant. The owner (a fellow Canadian) was welcoming and made an effort to make us feel at home-even making us a free pre dinner drink. I highly recomend the leek soup, escargot and tuna steak!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We ate at El Pecado 3 nghts and each meal was outstanding. The service is excellent, too. Although not cheap, it is priced good for the quality and amount of food you get. The appetizers are large portions, as are the main meals. We'll go again next trip.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had such high hopes for this place. I'd heard a lot about it, and read good reviews.

Alas.

I will just give a run-down of what we ate and what we were charged.

Appetizer of the friend Camembert with cranberry. Old cheese, past its date, but edible. Dipping sauce pretty bland and watery.

Fish in Indian curry sauce: overcooked fish, but reasonably flavorful sauce only marred by the dishwashing detergent on the plate.

Pasta Arrabiata: overcooked pasta. Dry and plain. Dishwashing detergent not only on the plate but on the pasta. Spoke to the waiter about it. He took it away, brought back another plate almost immediately with no detergent, but microwaved and even drier than before.

They charged everything.

I don't think I need to say more.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ate at El Pecado on a Sunday night and sat outside to watch the activity of Bocas town while enjoying a nice meal. The menu is quite varied and I chose the fried camembert cheese w/ cranberry sauce which was excellent followed by grilled mahi mahi. The fish was good but seemed slightly oily but the taste was great. Accompanied by a nice red wine. Service was good. The man and woman working that night both looked out for me when I needed something. Only spent two nights in Bocas town so not a huge base upon which to compare but I would recommend this restaurant.