Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$50
Jardines Vista del Mar Condos(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$48
$93
Hotel Bocas Town(Bocas Town)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Olas(Bocas Town)
$49
  • Restaurant
Panama's Paradise Saigoncito(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$21
$20
$102
$92
  • Breakfast included
Hotel la Terraza(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Pool
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$39
$38
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)
$105
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are willing to sacrifice your body to being a bed bug buffet then stay here. The location is nice with it being on the water but do not be deceived. There are bed bugs and huge cockroaches in the kitchen. The staff are not exactly friendly or helpful. They didn't seem to care about the bed bug infestation. I had to wash everything i owned and they didn't offer to pay or offer the use of their washer/dryer. It looks nice but it's really not worth the hassle!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Ashleye123
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

On our last night in Bocas we change to Casa Verde as it looked like a clean and well positioned hostel with a beautiful view. That evening when asking for my key deposit back the staff were extremely unfriendly and had a bad attitude. We then walked into our room to find cockroaches all over in our toiletry bags on the beds etc. We notified the staff who already knew about the problem and said we could change rooms. The new room had a broken aircon and consisted of one bunk to share between three. Not ideal. Sad ending to beautiful Bocas.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Stephlegh
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ok, I would give this hostel a good rating and would recommend, BUT there are some catches. First the dorms are super tiny, as in you bump your head if you sit up in bed on the bottom and the roof not far from you either on the top. Also the staff came across as pretty rude to me. HOWEVER, the hostel has tables and hammocks on a deck over the water, with fantastic views. This outweighs the negatives in my opinion. Also there are cockroaches, but they didn{t bother me much. I still would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Incredible views, right on the ocean with hammocks tables and chairs. Best hostel in Bocas by far if you are looking for fun and adventurous people combined with incredible location. A/C didn't always work but who cares, it's an adventure!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would avoid this hostel. Not clean or maintained, had bugs (e.g. roaches) everywhere and the A/C didn't work. Internet was also down for an entire week. I wouldn't stay there again! It was also too much in and out traffic for my liking. Room downstairs by the bar is not ideal as you can hear everything (including the staff who sings nonstop and is not all that friendly!). Another concern was the lockers in the room. There are apparently more than one key for each locker. I found this out because another girl was given the key to my locker and had access to my passport, computer, kindle, etc. Thank God she was honest and told me they gave us the same "safe" and key. I checked out early on that same day.

One night a girl traveling with her school program was forced to sleep outside because she had bed bugs (for the second night in a row). Unfortunately, there is no hostel staff on-site past a certain hour and she had no way to request a new room. That's just not acceptable. Maybe these are isolated events but I wouldn't chance it. There are much better hostels on Isla Colon.

I would instead recommend Lula's B&B / Lula's Hostel. It may cost you a few extra $$ but it's worth it knowing you won't have to deal with bugs everywhere. Or, try staying at Tungara. It's another party hostel but at least it is clean and seemed to have it together.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo