I stayed here for 5days over New Years as a solo traveller. The entire town was booked out, and so was Casa Verde. The walls and floors are so thin you could hear everything in the rooms around you. The wood floors had gaps where things would fall through from the room above our dorm, and you could hear every step and movement of the people above.
An important thing for me is power plugs to charge my camera etc, and my room had only 1, which involved using someone else's bed to plug it in- I usually had to go to the bar area and leave my stuff there charging, which was not ideal.
They also had no water for 2days of my stay- because they for some reason had empty tanks. This meant the kitchen was a mess, people cooking and not being able to wash their dishes, the toilets were flushed only if you pulled water out of the ocean in a bucket, and you could not shower. My dorm looked out onto the bar area, which was so noisy and the hang out area for people after they returned from partying- it would not become quiet until about 6am every morning. The location was beautiful though, sitting over the water!
I would not recommend this place to my friends, but having said that if you want to party all night it is probably the perfect place for you. It is not the place to relax, or sleep well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for a laid back community atmosphere where it's easy to rest & relax? Among all the great places to stay in Bocas, Casa Verde truly is your best value community house in Bocas del Toro, Panama. Come enjoy life on the water at Casa Verde! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Verde Hostel And Guesthouse
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Hotel Bocas Town
- Casa Verde Hostel & Guesthouse Bocas Del Toro, Panama - Bocas Town