Hotel Las Brisas
Hotel Laguna(Bocas Town)
$85
$77
  • Restaurant
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)
$105
$70
$102
$92
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Olas(Bocas Town)
$49
  • Restaurant
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$39
$38
Swan's Cay Hotel(Bocas Town)
$59
$52
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall budgetthe kitchenown bathroomthe main streetoliviaboatbocassupermarketdollars
Reviewed January 23, 2012

To get a room at their prices is unfathomable in my opinion. There is a huge rear deck over the Caribbean sea for all hotel guests to enjoy, and a nice 2nd story hangout area with stools overlooking the main drag in Bocas Town. The location is unbeatable. We would have our boat driver pick us up from the back deck in the morning while the sun was coming up and go surf the various reef breaks all within a 10 minute boat ride from the hotel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but paying next to nothing for a room with A/C and hopping on boats to go surf is too good to be true. My wife and I are California natives and travel 100+ days / year. This place is a top highlight of our last 10 years of travel, we're going back soon. The hardest thing about writing this review is that I feel like I'm sharing one of my best kept secrets, but it was too sweet to not share how good of a job they're doing at Brisas. They could double their prices and I would still stay there for my whole trip in Bocas. Please don't though guys if you ever end up reading this:)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miles F
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Casual place right on the water. Lots of personality ; ( ask for Andy!) right on the end of the "strip" . Comfortable beds. Large community rooms for rent or smaller private Rooms to share .. Perfect for the rate!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Makanalani74
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I went to Bocas with my family. (wife and 3 kids, 9-8-14) We stayed at a couple of places before we found Las Brisas. This place was by far the nicest and most comfortable place around. The owners were a dad and son from the US and were very nice and helpful. I stayed in the very back room that faces the ocean. That was amazing! We could litteraly get out of bed and turn the corner and have a great view of the ocean. Being able to jump off the dock and swin was what my kids enjoyed the most. The water is clear and warm! The kitchen is a bit small, but they have all you need to cook meals. People complain about bugs and critters, but you have to realize that this place is on the ocean and will attract everything because of the water. I was in the Marines, so that sort of stuff does not bother me. They do take credit cards and there are ATMs in the town. The food in Bocas is cheap $3-4 for a full meal. There is no fast-food chains, just great local restaurants! Beer is about $4 for a six pack of their local brew. All day Red frog beach, dolphin, snorkiling tours are about $20 per person. As far as bars, I recommend the Aqua Lounge. They have a diving board and trampoline in the ocean which is cool as heck. 2 x 1 dollar happy hour beer specials. You do have to take a boat accross. Just ask the caretaker at Las Brisas and he will do round trip for about $5 p.p. He will drop off and pick you up at 2am once bar closes. There are not really any bars in the actual town of Bocas that I remembered. Good Luck!

Room Tip: Take the room out back by the ocean!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed here with 4 other girl we met on the way to Bocas. We first checked out the twin rooms, but they didn't look good. Then we were offered the apartment for the six of us! That was the best offer ever. The apartment was big with 5 single beds en 2 doubles. It has its own kitchen, bathroom and big porch over the water!

We did find cockroaches every night, but still, I'm very positive about the apartment. They even made our beds every day!
So try forming a group and go for the apartment! We were very happy we did. We payed only 10 usd per person per night.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Marlies84
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Las Brisas was a decent hotel for the price. There wasn't much to the rooms, or bathrooms but it was a great place to lay our heads. The hotel was right on the water, and was a great place for swimming, and hanging out. The staff were all really friendly, and very helpful. We felt comfortable, and safe at the hotel as well. They were doing some renovation on the hotel so it was a little noisy, but didn't take away from the stay. The apartment they have available is amazing as well. Our friends rented it for a couple of days and it was nice. They had a huge balcony that was great for hanging out. Worth the money.

Room Tip: Choose the apartment if you have several people that want to chip in. If not, grab something with an a/c.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple