“"Incredible view with carribean charm!"”

Bocas Paradise Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
Boston, MA
“"Incredible view with carribean charm!"”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My husband and I just completed our first trip to Bocas. We had no idea what to expect! We ended up staying @ the Bocas Paradise Hotel and were pleasantly surprised! The hotel with its 30 rooms is very clean, quiet, (even though it is on a busy street), has beautiful decor imported from Bali & a great staff. Our room was on the third floor with exceptional views of the water and the neighboring island Carenaro. We slept with the curtains pulled back so we could view the scenery from our bed. Although we did not eat lunch and dinner at the hotel, we enjoyed our breakfast every morning on the balcony overlooking the water. The staff was wonderful, especially Guido (hope I haven't misspelled his name!). After a day out in the water, I stepped on a sea urchin and he was nice enough to come to our room and take each individual "spike" out of my foot and doctored me up! Thank you everyone for a wonderful vacation!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Toronto
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at this new and modern hotel in May of 2009, during a trip to the Panamanian Archipeligo.

What a great place to stay, its central, has all the amenities expected of a new hotel + the gracious service of a hospitibale staff and a terrific hotel manager.

If you are looking for a lovely, safe, spacious room in Bocas del Toro then look no further. the restaurnat is also great! They have a balcony overlooking the ocean, there is always a breeze and its a great palce to "chill" while you have a fresh made juice or a terrific french press coffee...ahhh paradise found.

cheers

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
panama
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I went to bocas del toro for 2 days and stay in bocas paradise hotel is one of this best hotel in bocas, they rooms it excellent. the staff they are friendly and always smile ,I went to the restaurant for dinner it was the best meal I have in the word, they have the vest serves, go and enjoy in bocas del toro, and stay in boas paradise hotel . is a beautiful hotel it nest to de taxi 25 over the water. The vest experiences in panama. Bocas del toro.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Chiriqui
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My husband and I often travel to Bocas as we own property there....we know all the places and there's much to choose from. We love the Bocas Paradise because it is centrally located, clean, comfortable and the AC works fine! Christy is friendly and helpful, not to mention a superb cook. The suite arrangement with the mini kitchen, tea kettle, wet bar and fridge suits us perfectly. The balcony with two comfy chaises overlooks the channel between Bocas and Carenero so from our 3rd floor room there is a great view of all the boating activity below. The restaurant serves 3 meals a day and the dinner menu is always something new. The staff is very friendly and lugs the luggage to the 3rd floor as there is no elevator. Prices are very competitive, too.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stayed in Bocas Del Toro for 7 days, in 3 different hotels. The first was very accomodating but rather noisy. So we moved out of town to a beach resort, where the owner was rude and the price was high. The rooms themselves were dirty and uncomfortable. Then we found Bocas Paradise hotel. We came in for dinner on their lovely balcony, and had one of the best meals we have had here. We asked to see the rooms and were so surpised based on our previous experiences in Bocas that we immediately booked one for the rest of our trip. The veiw is wonderful and you are centrally located to enjoy everything that bocas has to offer. Right next door was a night club, which worried two very light sleepers, but the soud insulation was top notch, and we didn't notice a thing all night. Now on to the best part of our stay; the staff! Their reception and kitchen staff are the best in Bocas! They are friendly and always willing to go the extra distance to help you out. They booked tours for us, helped us find nice places to eat, and even helped arrange our flights home when it was time to go. Overall our stay in the Bocas Paradise Hotel is one of the best experiences we have had since I moved to panama!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
France/UK
Reviewed March 17, 2009

I stayed here for a night as I could not get out to the island where I was due to stay because of bad weather. It rained continuously for over 24 hours. The rooms are extremely clean but nothing special. No pictures on the wall, no character. The TVs are attached 5 cms from the ceiling so your neck is at an uncomfortable angle watching the screen. I'd expect something a little more for the price. The worst thing was the miserable and rude staff. One of the women in the bar/rest told me the kitchen was closed at 9.15pm (in the rooms its advertised as being open till 10pm) although I saw a couple of people get food after she said it was closed. Also my drink was slammed down on the table. I can accept the 'manana' attitude and I dont need constant smiley people but this waitress was rude to the point of making me feel uncomfortable. There are plenty of other places to stay in Bocas Del Toro town so get more value for your money somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo