“My certification OPEN WATER”

La Buga Dive Center & Surf School
Ranked #3 of 22 Tours in Bocas Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Established in 2007, “La Buga Dive & Surf” instantly built up a reputation as a reliable and renowned Dive Center & Surf School in Bocas del Toro. No matter if you decide to go diving or surfing with us, we will ensure that you will have a fabulous time experiencing the multifaceted natural resources Bocas del Toro has to offer. You can also rent one of our kayaks or Stand-Up Paddle Boards. Our qualified international staff is providing top quality service by constantly reflecting our core values: Safety, Convenience and Fun! Hope to see you soon!Your La Buga Family
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I was walking around trying to find some place to eat and then I saw this colorful and nice happy place. After picking one great plate of the many delicious choices they have I decided to check the services Scuda dive. Talking with the very professional staff I decided to try for the 3rd time to make the course. Know I very glade I did that because after that I dive in some places and compare price and professionals I make the correct choice.
Congratulations all the staff of BUGA DIVE I always going to remember those days together.
See you soon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)
All reviews
"lobster"
in 16 reviews
"feel comfortable"

Reviewed June 29, 2010

La Buga introduced me into the world of Scuba and Surfing. All of their instructors were great, all very knowledgable, patient, and very helpful. I did a total of 7 dives in 3 days and felt I never wanted to leave Bocas Del Toro. The food at La Bugita was incredible. It was great to have a good healthy breakfast, study my scuba material. For lunch you must try their famous Buga Burgers, outstanding!!! La Buga is a great place for the experienced and inexperienced divers to have a great crew show you the best dive spots in Panama. La Buga is a true Diamond in the Rough!!!

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I had the pleasure or spending the morning with Ricardo and a couple of other divers. Even though it had been a while since my last dive and I felt like I was all thunbs, Ricardo was patient and assisted me regaining my comfort level. During both dives I saw that Ricardo was attentive to the divers he had with him, making sure that everything was alright. We had two very nice dives in the morning and returned to the shop where we had lunch at the La Bugitta Cafe (Sorry I'm not sure of the spelling) and the food was excellent. You have4 to try it. This was the first6 real native cooking I'd had on my trip and it turned out to be one of the best.

The afternoon dives were led by Kaylee(I hope I have the name and spelling correct) who turned out to be as attentive and personable as Ricardo had been. Both dives were very enjoyable and turned out to have more of the marine life I had been looking for than the morning dives. Lion fish, eel, Lobster, star fish of many varieties and coral abounded. There was really too much to remember.

My one suggestion to the divers going on the trip...Either take a good camera or rent the one from La Buga. You won't remember all you saw and photos are the best way to remember your time at an unfamiliar location. Other than that, just enjoy the time because it will be all over far too soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I went diving twice on Bocas and La Buga was definately not the better of the two. They had competitve prices but I found the service to be quite poor. The boat was nice but once we got on the water I realized that I had air leaking someplace. They switched my tank and the leak remained but they said it would not be a problem. Overall, it did not reassure me. I was the only English speaker on the boat, and while the staff and divemasters could speak English they did not. The diving was quite nice, good soft corals. As I said, I went diving again the next day but I went with the Dutch Pirate, who I found to have MUCH better service.

toroloco, General Manager at La Buga Dive Center & Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

so sorry that our staff didnt spoke in english. most of our customers are english speakers and we should know better. this issue was reviewed in or staff meetings hopefully doesnt happen again.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2010

La Buga guys took me and my camera to the best dive locations. Nice easy diving on the first day. We did two long dives at the wreck and some other location inside the bay. Both sites where quite good. Then, on my second day of diving it got much much better, first we did two dives at Tiger Rocks where we saw a school of dolphins pass by. Outstanding place with lots of fish and great place to use wide angle lens. Then we headed to the caves of Bastimentos, really fun dive with great vis, lots of tunnels and channels plus the pictures came out great.
Got lucky weather wise for the first two days, then started raining for the following days so decided to go surfing, got all beated up but Chapo the surf instructor made it a lot of fun. Perhaps in 10 or 20 years more of practice I will be able to say I can surf!!
Lastly I did a night dive back at the wreck. Bioluminicensce was amazing!
Many thanks to La Buga´s team. For shure they know their stuff!!