“Takes excellent care of its diving clients”

La Buga Dive Center & Surf School
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Bocas Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2007, “La Buga Dive & Surf” instantly built up a reputation as a reliable and renowned Dive Center & Surf School in Bocas del Toro. No matter if you decide to go diving or surfing with us, we will ensure that you will have a fabulous time experiencing the multifaceted natural resources Bocas del Toro has to offer. You can also rent one of our kayaks or Stand-Up Paddle Boards. Our qualified international staff is providing top quality service by constantly reflecting our core values: Safety, Convenience and Fun! Hope to see you soon!Your La Buga Family
Guernsey, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Takes excellent care of its diving clients”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

As an inexperienced diver, I was very happy with our two-tank dive from La Buga. It wasn't the most challenging dive in the world (45 feet max, no current), which was perfect for my level. There were only three of us to one instructor, which was great as she was able to help me with some of my rookie mistakes without the impatience that some diving instructors have. I have been to more spectacular diving in Mexico and Bermuda, but this was a very pleasant and fun diving experience.

Visited February 2013
toroloco, Manager at La Buga Dive Center & Surf School, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review! We allways want to make sure that everybody has a great time under water, no matter if you are a frequent diver or need some time to get used to it again!

It was a pleasure to take you diving.
Next time we should check out the caves and dolphin rock!!

Saludos de Bocas,

La Buga Family

• Hebrew first
Asheville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Favorite Eating Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have never dived here, but ate here at least twice a week during my stay in Bocas del Toro. The food is not great, but the setting is. It is a cozy and is a beautiful place where you can relax quietly, or meet up with friends for drinks. The wait staff is extremely hospitable and accomodating! The sunset while sitting at La Buga is breathtaking!

Visited June 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was doing my rescue divers course so asked/looked round all the dive companies on the island. La buga were easily the most inviting of them & had a great vibe to the place. So glad I picked here, course was awesome. Jill is the best instructor I've ever had. And after the dives it was a great place to hang out & chill. Wish I would have had long enough to do my divemaster here.

Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“La Bugita Cafe was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

The waiter was friendly and the food was unlike why you expect in a small laid back cafe: sophisticated and tasty. They cater for vegetarians too. All in all, a nice and highly recommendable place.

toroloco, Manager at La Buga Dive Center & Surf School, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review.
We are always happy when guests enjoy our food and the atmosphere as much as we do!
Thank you for eating with us, hope to see you again!
La Buga/ La Bugita family
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great surf/dive school, great café”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We did surf lessons twice with José who is funny, animated and a really good teacher. The staff at Buga are all warm and friendly.

La Buguita café has limited seating but the food is great, we ate here a few times and they have great smoothies and coffees.

Visited December 2012
Thank you guys for your nice words.
It was a pleasure to have you around and we hope you keep on surfing.
Pop in if you ever come back to town!
La Buga/ La Bugita family