“Exactly what we were looking for”
Review of Hotelito Del Mar

Hotelito Del Mar
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Bocas Town
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Hotelito Del Mar was a really great experience overall. We were looking for the "middle of the road" accomodation on our trip through Central America and we found this great spot in the center of Bocas town. It was clean, private, had a/c and hot water, and also very friendly staff who made a continental breakfast every morning. For the value/service/location, I wouldn't shop elsewhere if I was going back again! Thanks Hotelito Del Mar!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed three nights here, following 3 nights in other places..2 in Bocas Town, 1 on Isla Carenero. Hands down, this was by far our favorite hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful. We were even able to have our laundry done for a very fair price. The gardens are gorgeous, the room was immaculate, well decorated and the linens are very comfortable,. It was easy to see why they received a Trip Advisor award. We have already booked a return visit for January. Great job ladies..you're all wonderful at running a lovely hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberely412
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, it wasn't dear, but wasn't exactly great value for what you are getting. The rooms are a good size, it's clean, and the bathroom works, but it is a bit dark and shabby in the room. The bed is pretty small but I slept fine, the air con is pretty quiet. The location is great the staff are nice and they do a pleasant little breakfast of muffins, fruit, tea coffee and juice. It's a good all round hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My friend and I stayed at three hotels in Bocas and liked this one the best, even though it was the cheapest. It had everything we needed including A/C, was quiet, in an excellent location, very clean. The staff was friendly and they had a really nice continental breakfast of fresh muffins, fruit and coffee. The only thing was that the beds were quite hard for me, but that's personal preference.
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms on the second floor have a nice view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place is run like a tight ship and is IMMACULATELY clean. The room was large, bright, comfortable and we loved sitting out on the veranda looking over the town. The patio downstairs for breakfast is adorable, and it's a simple breakfast but homemade (not too sweet!) muffins and strong coffee. We really enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It's true that the location of this hotel is perfect. We arrived on Taxi 25 and even with a fair amount of luggage this hotelito was super close. It was about the same distance from Bocas Marine Tours in the other direction. It is right in the center of town, with tons of food options very close, and the park in the center of town is about 2 blocks away.

The people working there are also very kind. The lady who helped us check in was super friendly, and helpful, and every time we saw someone working there they would smile at us, and often greet us. It feels like a friendly place to be.

We didn't really have time for breakfast in the morning, but I grabbed a muffin on our way out and it was a banana-nut muffin, I think homemade. It was quite good.

The room itself was less impressive. At first glance it is simple (if a little crowded), pretty clean, and pleasant. The towels are quite soft. The wifi internet was very very slow for us, which caused some problems because my husband was trying to do some work while we were away. Internet on my phone almost did not work at all; occasionally a page would load, but mostly I just got error pages. So, the internet was kind of frustrating.

The other problem was that I saw a very large cockroach climb into my luggage and as my husband was trying to find and kill it it ended up on our bed, and then it was "lost" so I was afraid to sleep on our bed, and afraid to walk around barefoot. Instead I slept on the other bed, next to my baby, and my husband (who thinks cockroaches are gross but harmless) slept alone in our bed. That was not my favorite sleeping arrangement, but, whatever, we survived. I realize Bocas and Panama are not sterile, there is more nature around and it is probably not unusual to have pests wander in from time to time...so it is possible that this experience was unique to us, because aside from a little mold in the bathroom the room was quite clean.

Our air conditioning worked very well.

Apparently the hotel next to this one has about 20 cats and they often wander over to this Hotelito. There was usually a cat outside somewhere nearby, and my daughter loved that.

Overall we would choose something a little nicer next time, but there were a lot of great things about this place, and despite being on the ground floor I did feel quite safe.

Room Tip: Room #5 is is mostly pink colors (including a hot pink lamp with a feather boa on it!) and Room #4 i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily K
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good location - a quick walk from the boat. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed wasn't the best, but linens where nice - likes the cotton quilt was cozy. Bathroom clean with fluffy rugs and a coffee maker (you have to provide your own coffee). Our room upstairs had a wonderful balcony - great for people-watching. Continental breakfast wasn't much to speak of, but good in a pinch (fruit, muffins, juice and coffee). Friendly kitty will visit your room if you let him in. Really close to shops, restaurants. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upstairs, you get a nice balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple