“Great customer service”

Under sea Panama
Ranked #4 of 33 Tours in Isla Colon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
“Great customer service”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We arrived to our tour late because our watches were aet on Costa Rica time, which is one hour behind, and they had waiter for us and came back to pick as up and join the tour. The tour itself was very fun, with a friendly and knowledgeable guide. Deep boarding was very fun, lunch and drinks were generous, and the tour gives you lots of time on zapatillas island which is amazing to relax and snorkel in.

Visited February 2014

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good Tour But Promised Features Missing”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I really wanted to love this tour. We did the $50 day trip to Zapallito that included deepboarding, snorkeling, island time, and lunch. I'll start with the positives. Lunch was really good, the island was beautiful and the deepboarding was a unique and really fun activity. The woman who booked our tour was really sweet and even put Diet Coke on the boat for me.

Now for the negatives. I will start by saying that we have traveled extensively and both worked in the tourism industry, so our standards are admittedly high. We signed up for this tour because we were excited about deepboarding, and there were two things that were important to us that we made sure to confirm before booking. One was that there were photos included. This is advertised in the tour description and I make my living as a blogger so photos are very important to me. We confirmed photos were included while booking and we were assured photos would be taken and uploaded to the company website for us to download. When we got to the island to start the deepboarding tour we asked about the photos and were told by the guide that the group was too large and so there would be no photos provided. I don't know why the number of guests should mean that an advertised and confirmed feature of the tour should be omitted. My boyfriend had his GoPro and so tried to take some videos but I was very disappointed.

The other issue was that when we booked we asked what kind of boat we would be on. We were assured the seats would have cushions. When we arrived for the tour, the first two boats that filled up had cushions. Next, a somewhat dingier and cushion-less boat arrived for the third group, the one we had been assigned to. At this point we were forced to explain that the reason we had so specifically asked was because my boyfriend has a cyst on his bum and he is unable to sit for long periods on a hard seat. What really shocked me was the staff was defensive and accused us of having made the mistake -- they basically just said, well usually the boats have cushions but the group was too big and anyway, we should have told them the day before. I guess in a way that's fair, but having confirmed that the boats have cushions my boyfriend understandably didn't feel the need to share the details of his somewhat embarrassing medical condition.

Lastly, just be aware if you book this tour that the deepboarding is only about 10-15 minutes of the entire day. We were itching to do a second round but it wasn't an option. I'm not sure if this was always the case or if it was another "too big of a tour" story or if it's the usual amount of time but as I didn't ask ahead of time it's not something I would complain about. Just something that is good to know if you're looking into this company primarily for the deepboarding.

Overall a good tour, but this company needs to work on their customer service. As budget travelers this wasn't cheap for us and we were disappointed by the false advertising and more importantly, by the lackluster response we received when we noted the discrepancies in what was promised and received.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank alexinwanderland
under_sea_deepboard, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Under sea Panama, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi! I hope you are find, well respect to your commentary about the attention to clients in our tours, first of all you told us about your husband back conditions five minutes before the departure,and inmediatly we gave you a solution and we change you from the boat you were assinged. The day before when you book for the tour you express that if could we offer you diet coke , and we buy one for you exclusively, and you did not mention nothing about your back conditions. Is not our manner to give wrong or false details of our activities. Eventhough, thanks for your commentary , because in that way it helps us improve in a better way.
Phoenix
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun but stingy ”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We did the one hour/$15 excursion into a small bay area, about fifteen minutes from their dock. It was fun to fly under water and spin circles. But, the area we went left everyone on the boat itchy and stingy from, according to the guide, coral sediment. This would have been good to know beforehand, as several of us thought we were being stung or bit by some funky sea creature. Some spots were worse than others, maybe there is a better spot to do the excursion. As fun as it was, I would not go again if going in the same/similar location.

Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Welcome to paradise!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

A very nice tour to the beautiful Zapatilla Islands, including a new experience - deep boarding. Alvaro - our very nice and helpful guide, completed our day. It is a pitty we didnt stay in Zapatilla over night, it felt like paradise. Next time :-)

Visited January 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Value - Deepwater boarding is fun and Zapatilla is beautiful!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a great time with our guide, Al, while deep water boarding (e.g. snorkeling with a board and diving down about 10 feet), sailing around the mangroves looking for sloths and dolphins, and chillin on the secluded and stunning beach of Zapatilla island. FYI you can also stay over night there in a small hit if you ask in advance. What a perfect way to spend an entire day in beautiful Bocas.

Visited January 2014